Chapter 31

Jisoo's POV

"The first day of our make up date!" I yelled my lungs out.

"Shut the fuck up!" I heard Jennie scold me and apologized to the people around the park. Well, they are around the park but outside of the park. You get me?

Jennie decided that we'll visit here and, of course, I agreed.

"Sorry..." I gave her a cheeky smile and I saw her roll her eyes.

"Stop saying such nonsense." She lightly hits my head and walked off to the middle of the isolated park.

She ordered some people to tidy up the place and I should say that they did a great job. It almost looked like a magical garden than a park.

"Okay, Mom..." I mocked earning a glare from my Mandu. I raised my hands up telling her that I was only kidding and she 'humphed' at me.

"You coming here or what?" She pointed to the place she was standing and I quickly ran towards her. She didn't expect what I was planning to do next but I did it anyways. Even if I know that I'll deserve a punch after this. I hugged and lifted her from her spot before twirling the two of us in broad daylight. I heard her cute yelp making her tighten her grip on my shoulders.

"Put me down, Jisoo!" She ordered but I didn't oblige. Why would I? She was so cute right now.

"Alright." I finally put her down and she immediately hit me real this time. She tidied herself up and sat down on one of the benches with arms crossed. I sat beside her wearing an apologetic grin.

"Your such an idiot." She heaved a sigh before leaning her head on the bench's dashboard. She closed our eyes and I took this chance to lay her head on my shoulder.

I thought she'd move her head away but she didn't. She actually just stayed still and made herself comfortable.

"Liking it, eh?" I teased and she slowly moved her head away, teasing me. But even though I knew she was teasing me, I still fell for it and grabbed the side of her head then made it lie on my shoulder.

"Tch. Liking it, eh?" She mocked me with the same tone and I laughed at her cute antic.

"I am." I answered giddily. She closed her eyes again and heaved a sigh. I laid my head on the dashboard of the bench.

"Jisoo." She calls out and by her tone, she was serious.

"Yes." I casually answered.

"Why didn't you come back immediately?" She asks and I felt myself tense up. I knew she'd ask me this specific question but I didn't expect it to be now. I heaved a heavy sigh before raising my head and looked at her face.

"I needed to be stronger to protect you." I casually answered and she opened one eye to look at me.

"You were already strong back then." She raised her head from lying on my shoulder and looked at me straight in the eyes.

"No, I wasn't." I retorted and she rolled her eyes at my answer. Her face was getting redder by the second and I know she's mad.

"What the hell, Soo! How can you say that?! You've protected me multiple times and you still say that your not strong enough." Now she was panting heavily and I looked at the ground to control myself from bursting out.

"I couldn't protect you that night." I felt my face getting wet from my tears. I saw her clenching her hands into fists. And my intuition was right, she punched me and I fell to the ground while holding my jaw. I even tasted blood.

Damn, that hurt.

"What the fuck do you mean?! You died because of me. Why are you blaming yourself for something you didn't do?" Her voice cracked in every sentence.

Was she crying? No, she can't be. Why would she?

I wanted to confirm my thoughts but I can't get myself to look at her at all. But I confirmed it when I saw a dot on the concrete floor. This time I looked up at her.

Tears were falling down from her eyes, she was clenching her teeth so tight, and she was looking at me with pain in her eyes.

"J-Jennie..." I reached out for her fist and she tensed from my touch. "I'm sorry..." I unclenched her fist and kissed it softly. "Damn it." I cursed under my breath when I felt a searing pain in my head. And before I knew it, I fainted.

...

"What happened?"

"She fainted."

"Why?"

"Oh my gosh... Jisoo Unnie..."

Worried words filled the room that I'm obviously sleeping in. I could hear them but I can't wake up and so I listened.

"Seriously Jennie, what happened to her?"

"I-I... fuck, this is all my fault."

I heard Jennie's regretful tone and that's enough reason for me to jolt up from my sleeping position. The people surrounding me had shocked expressions when I opened my eyes but I didn't care.

I searched for Jennie and there I saw her with puffy eyes and tear-stained face sitting on the hospital couch with Chu comforting her. My feet led me to her direction while I stare at her longingly.

"Jisoo, I-."

She didn't finish her sentence for I embraced her and held her ever so tightly. She stopped moving and her heartbeat became faster than before.

"I'm sorry..." I shakily said.

"Why are you saying sorry?" She caressed my hair which truly relieved me. I thought she'd still be mad.

"I-."

I didn't finish up because she pushed me away gently and gave me a small reassuring smile before saying...

"Shush, Soo. Have a rest and I'll visit you tomorrow to actually take care of you."

She stands up and said her goodbyes to all of us in the room before leaving.

...

"What should I do?" I asked Chu when everyone has already left.

"Your asking me?" She points to herself and I nodded. She released a scoff before looking at me dead in the eyes. "I don't know." I frowned at her response.

"Seriously? Just at least tell me some advice."

"Why are you asking someone who hasn't had a boyfriend or girlfriend before?! You insane or something?!"

"Aish..." I ruffled my hair in frustration.

"Well for starters, make it up to her then do some stuff that she'd really like and I don't know anymore." She shrugs.

"She's leaving in 6 days. I guess that's enough time." I held my chin and nodded thoughtfully.

"Sure is. So you better be better by tomorrow or else you'll miss the chance. Bye, K." She waved goodbye then left.

"Now what?" I stared at the blank wall in front of me and then smiled remembering Jennie's smiling face.

I'd sacrifice myself just to see that smile once again and every time.

...