Chapter 14

Jennie's POV

Blank.

One word to describe my expression and mind.

I clearly cannot think straight right now while I'm here sitting in my car and K's driving.

"Still can't let those words I said sink in, Ms. Kim?" She asks with a chuckle.

I stared at her blankly and her eyes looked straight in mine.

"Who wouldn't?"

"What's so surprising about what I said? I'll just be your new secretary. What's the big deal?"

"You don't need a new job, your obviously rich but you just don't show it, your being overly stupid to choose this job over being the boss of a secret agency, and lastly, what's your reason?" I rambled and she just laughs leaving me confused.

Did I say something wrong?

"Your so cute, Ms. Kim." She blurts out and she didn't even seem bothered by it.

"Stop flirting, flirt." I said with a small head-shake and she literally just stopped the car.

I leaned forward and almost hit my head on the car front or whatever you call it.

She looked at me almost shocked and I just realized what I said.

I covered my mouth and, I swear, I almost cried but I didn't.

I cleared my throat and faced her again.

"Do whatever you want." I looked at the outside of the window, completely avoiding her overbearing gaze.

I heard her sigh and she started driving again until we arrived at the company.

...

As soon as we arrived, I told her to park the car in my private garage and she obliged.

"Are you sure about this K?" I asked one last time and she nods.

I breathed out a sigh.

"Let's go. There's no persuading you out of this anyways." I said and she giggles.

When we entered the company, all eyes were on us. Mostly K, 'cuz she's a new face.

I heard murmurs and gossips and whatever.

People greeted me like they always do and I just proceeded to my elevator.

I entered and when K was about to enter, I stopped her.

"What do you think your doing?"

"Um... entering the elevator." She bluntly answers like it was the most obvious thing and tried to go in again but I, once again, stopped her.

"Yeah... nope. You cannot enter even if you are my secretary." My eyes widened at the statement and I instantly facepalmed.

As she heard my words, she looked at me in amusement and I mentally cursed myself.

I swear, I could see her smirking right now.

"Fine. I, at least, am your secretary now. See you at your office, Ms. Kim." She sends me a wink before the elevator doors closed.