Chapter 6

Jennie's POV

"Work is boring but now even staying home is getting boring for me." I grumbled and laid myself on my comfy couch.

"So, do you wanna hangout then?" Irene asks while looking at her phone with furrowed brows.

"I think not. Maybe someone will appear right in front of me and tell me that he/she likes me and then endanger people just to have me." I sighed and Irene finally looked up at me with a small smile.

"Well then, should I call Soojoo here? I mean you just met her but she's a really great person to be with and she was Jisoo's childhood friend after all." Irene reasoned and that made me frown.

Just thinking about that Soojoo girl with my Jisoo just infuriates me.

I sighed and shook the thought away.

Maybe meeting new people won't hurt.

And maybe K would be with her too.

Thinking about awhile ago, I didn't even thank her.

"Sure." I answered without thinking that much about it.

Irene was taken aback at my answer but smiled widely right after.

"Ok then! I think I still have her number." She scrolled through her phone and beamed a smile indicating that she found the number.

We waited until the call got accepted...

And finally Soojoo answered...

Irene immediately pressed the speaker button for me to hear as well.

Soojoo: Hey Rene.

Irene: Soojoo!!

Soojoo: You really don't have to shout in my ear y'know.

Irene: Whatever, anyways I want you to really meet Jennie and get to know her more because she is your old crush's girlfriend.

Irene looked at me with a teasing grin and I returned it with a deadly glare.

She chuckled nervously and returned her ear onto the phone screen.

Soojoo: What the hell are you
talking about?! That was before alright!

Irene: Mhm... but seriously, you gotta meet Jennie and maybe bring that sidekick of yours.

Soojoo: Oh man, if she heard you say that you'd be dead. She's the boss and I'm the sidekick. You gotta remember that.

Irene: Uhuh... wait, she's not there right?

Soojoo: Unfortunately, no.

Irene breathed out a long sigh of relief.

Soojoo: I'm going now, Rene. And also, sure. Agent K and I would be happy to meet Jennie and well I'd have the chance to spend time with you too.

Irene: Great! We'll be waiting for you. You gotta come here at dinner time.

Soojoo: Sure sure. Bye Rene! And also to you too, Ms. Kim.

And by that, Soojoo ended the call while me and Irene sat there stunned.

"How did she know I was here?" I asked while looking at Irene in horror. "Don't tell me there are CCTV's here." I looked around crazily.

I heard Irene laugh and I looked at her with fury.

She immediately stopped laughing and ran towards one of the guests room.

I clicked my tongue and prepared lunch for myself.

"I don't care if that bunny starves to death." I mumbled to myself and started cooking.

"Your so harsh, Jen." Chu, who was silent the whole time, says with a light chuckle.

"Whatever." I turned my attention to what I was cooking again.

"So..? Are you not calling Seulgi?" She asks while leaning on the wall.

Come to think of it, Seulgi Unnie came back a few hours ago from her live concert.

"You do it." I said and she nods.

She leaves the kitchen and went to her room.

"Hey Hyun!!" I called out and Irene came to the kitchen looking like a ghost more than a goddess with that horrible face mask color and messy hair of hers.

"Yeah?" She smugly asked all because of the mask.

I couldn't focus on what to say. I was holding my laughter so hard that I can't breath.

"Yah! Fix your face, you dumbass!" I slapped her shoulder playfully and pushed her towards the guest room that she was staying at.

She groaned in annoyance but obliged anyways.

I continued making my lunch and hastily ate it for she won't have any to eat.

"Where's mine?!" She whines as she saw the table empty.

Finally, her face looks decent.

"So you actually had the urge to yell at me for your food?" I looked at her pointedly with gritted teeth.

"Geez... fine, I'll cook." She throws her arms in the air and started preparing.

I watched in amusement and started playing with my phone.

Just when Irene was about to put the oil on the pan, an unexpected guest arrived in very fancy clothing.

Well, not as fancy as me.

The guest dropped all of his/her things and came stomping towards the kitchen.

"BAE JOOHYUN!!! You shall not take another move or else..!" Seulgi ran towards Irene and snatched the olive oil bottle away from her and caressed the kitchen as if it would be destroyed.

The place stayed silent and only Seulgi's heavy breathing could be heard around the entire house.

I was the first to break the silence.

"Seulgi Unnie!!! What a surprise to actually see you here than resting." I hugged her tightly and she hugged back.

The bottle of oil still in her hands.

"No 'Hey Bae~' just 'Bae Joohyun drop the fucking bottle or I might kill you!' Hm?" Irene gestured her hands like a mad woman and the both of us looked at her weirdly.

Seulgi cleared her throat and and pulled away from me to face her lover who was pouting like a big baby.

I should leave...

I left the kitchen to give them some alone time and went to the living room to watch Netflix.

I feel like I've watched all of Netflix.

Wait, I have.

"Life is so boring..." I trailed off and closed my eyes.

"Jennie." Chu appeared suddenly in front of me which startled me a little.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Do you feel anything familiar with that Agent from earlier? The one named K." She sits down beside me and I rested my head on her lap.

She played with my hair which made me sleepy.

"Not really... why?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Never mind."

...