Chapter 15

Jennie's POV

While I was walking behind K's walking figure.

I couldn't help but feel hot inside and out.

Why the hell did she do that?!

And that's when I decided that I shall confront her.

"Kim." I sternly called her name in the coldest tone that I could muster.

She turns around with a smirk which I couldn't really understand what the meaning was.

"Yes, Ms. Kim?"

She even has the nerve to mess with me.

"Why did you do it?" I asked while staring straight into her glimmering scarlet eyes.

"Didn't SJ explain that when we met?" She shrugs and takes a step closer to me.

"What do you mea-."

Before I could finish my sentence, a memory from the first day we met came back to me.

"I know you like her, K. But aren't you killing my fun?"

That's what Soojoo said.

"Y-you what?" I was still in a bit of daze so I didn't notice that her face was filled with amusement and was only inches away from mine.

"I like you, Jennie."

She then backs a few steps away from me and pocketed her hands in her pants while waiting for my response.

Actually, I can't respond. She just said those words like she has already done it for years or something.

"I-I u-um... eh..." I stammered out.

I couldn't find a right response to her confession.

"If you haven't found your answer yet, Ms. Kim. Then can I ask you a question?"

I hesitantly nodded.

"Is that necklace your wearing... from your late girlfriend?" She asks and I was taken aback.

I tensed up and all I could do right now was prevent myself from crying so I hung my head low.

I griped my necklace as if it would disappear from my grasp.

I let out a shaky breathe and faced her fully this time with a smile.

Not just any smile though. It was much more different from the others I have done in the past and now.

All my negative emotions were there in that specific smile.

"Yeah..." I chocked out.

I didn't even know that I was already crying my heart out and I fell to the ground while clutching my necklace and chest.

I did it. I broke my promise.

And worse, I did it in front of someone that I'm not even close with.

"Jennie..." And there it is again. A voice so familiar and yet so different.

She kneeled so we'd be leveled and she patted my head gently.

"Your such a crybaby."

She can seriously tease me in the situation I am in right now.

She them raised my face to meet hers and then she looked at me softly.

I could see vulnerability in her eyes and I kinda softened.

"Sorry..." She says and I laughed bitterly while shaking my head.

"It's fine."

And then she hugged me so tightly like I would leave or something.

I didn't really expect something from this person but what I wanted and needed the most right now was this.

I embraced her and held her tightly as well.

"I'm sorry..." She repeats and once again I shook my head.

I snuggled deeper into her embrace and she caresses my hair gently.

We were on an awkward position and if people see us they might think that we were... I don't know.

So we decided to go to my private garage using the stairs.

When I thought that awhile ago was an awkward position, this is weirder.

She was still not letting me go and she seriously carried me towards my car.

Damn it, I couldn't resist but feel happy about this.

Damn you, Kim.

...

After awhile of crying nonstop, I finally calmed my ass down.

"Are you alright now?" She asks and worry was evident in her tone.

I nodded and she breathed out a sigh of relief.

"That's good..."

"Sorry."

"What do you mean?" She looks at me questioningly.

"I burdened you with my problems." I said full of guilt.

She just laughed and I looked at her pointedly.

She stops laughing and messes my hair up making me whine.

I slapped her hand away and crossed my arms with a small pout.

"Your always a burden, Kim." She says and I almost slapped her because of that but she stopped me by holding both my hands.

She looks at me lovingly... wait what?

I mean, she looks at me and says, "But that's what I like about you. I get to protect you always and fix all your problems."

"You could always lay your weight on me. You could always beat me up if you want to. You could always make sure that I would make you smile one day and that day would be the day that I've completely told myself that I have fallen for you.You could always rely on me to do everything for you. You could always leave me broken. And you could always not answer that specific question."

All those words, they were full of sincerity and love. And the worst part is, I felt sorry for her.

She lets go of my hand and faces her front.

"You must be tired. Sleep." She says while she starts the car.

"I'm not that tir-..."

Before I could say anything, I knocked off to slumber.

...