Chapter 21

Jennie's POV

"This feels great."

The warm afternoon air hitting my face was the best. Especially that K brought us on a cliff near the beach.

"Like it?" She asked in anticipation and I couldn't help but open my closed eyes and smile at her softly.

"Love it."

"That's good then." She breathes out a sigh of relief and makes me go closer to the railings for an even great view while she sat on the railings facing me.

"How did you know about this place?" I asked as I watched the beautiful sunset in front of me.

"Hm... I just did." She responds with a shrug and I could only shake my head with a chuckle. "Can I ask a question?"

"You already have." I answered and she giggles.

"Another one, please."

"Sure."

She stays silent first but heaves a sigh after before asking, "When will you smile, Ms. Kim? I meant the genuine one."

I fluttered my eyes open and frowned. I started playing with my fingers while hanging my head low.

That was one of those questions that I didn't or couldn't answer. That's why I avoid those kind of questions.

I looked up and saw her aesthetic scarlet eyes staring at me. And the way the sunset made her look even more ethereal than she already is wasn't helping. She was looking at me like I was a priceless treasure or is it just me?

"I have my reasons, Kim." I answered and she furrowed her brows but softened right after.

"I won't argue then. Wanna go now?" She gets down the railings and ruffles my hair gently. The eye contact never breaking.

"No..." I whined and she laughed at my response. "I wanna stay here for awhile. You can go if you want to."

She shakes her head like her head might fall off because of how she was shaking it in a fast rate.

"No way."

"And why not? You must be tired now." I said in both concern and amusement because of how she's acting all active but actually she's tired as hell.

She crouches down so that we'd be leveled and inched her face closer to mine which surprisingly I didn't mind at all.

She places her hand on my face and I leaned into her warm hand 'cuz I was feeling cold and I needed warmth. She started caressing my face in a gentle manner while I was enjoying the contact.

We stayed in that position for quite a short while before she spoke.

"I'd stay here forever if it meant being with you, Jennie."

...

"Where on earth were you two? I couldn't track any of you two." Chu came rambling at us with complaints as we arrived at my hospital room.

"We were taking a stroll just as you said, Ms. Dara." K answered as she carried me to my awaiting hospital bed.

The disastrous room before was now as neat as ever. Thanks to my dear guardian.

"I said a stroll, Agent K. Not a field trip. Now tell me where the hell were you two?" Chu said with a thick American accent.

"We went to her secret place, Chu." I reasoned out and Chu eyed me suspiciously before sighing in defeat.

"I believe you. Just this time though."

"You always do."

...

"You two are leaving now?" I asked in a tone that I didn't expect I would ever use towards others. Sadness.

"Sorry Ms. Kim. After all that ruckus this morning, we were called on a meeting." Soojoo says while wearing her shoes.

"We're or, shall we say, I'm gonna visit you as soon as we finish, Kim. Don't put so much thought about us not visiting you." K says in a teasing way which irritated me honestly.

"Just leave already. I don't wanna see your face anymore." I shooed her away but that didn't stop my lips from curling up.

She nods at me first then leaves with Soojoo having that smile sticking on her face.

"You look happy." Chu voices out. I whipped my head towards her direction and glared at her. "It's true..." She shrugs.

I was at the peak of complaining but just kept my mouth shut for no further arguments. Chu laughed at my reaction and I simply rolled my eyes at her.

"Why are you denying it?" She asks as she patted my head like consoling a dejected kitten.

"What am I denying? I'm not denying anything." I said in a 'I-have-no-idea-what-your-talking-about' tone.

"Sure, Kid. Sure." She responds with a nod but her face doesn't say so.

Before I could answer back, she left my room with no more words. I am rendered speechless.

How dare she!

I groaned out of frustration and hit my thighs hard to let out my frustration which was a big mistake. My back cracked like some crunchy crackers.

Fuck!

And this is why I hate being hospitalized.

...

• Sorry for the really long break of mine. So here's the update! •