Chapter 17

Jennie's POV

"Damn... I'm full." I said as all of us were just either trying to digest our food or puking in the restroom.

"Geez... K hasn't come back yet." Soojoo said out loud and sighed.

"I'm sure she's probably fine." I tried to comfort her and she smiled.

"Well, appointments doesn't last this long so maybe she's in a mission." She explains with pursed lips.

"A mission? But... what about you?" I asked in confusion.

"This might be too hard for me so... yeah." She says with a shrug and I couldn't get more confused. "Even if she's the boss... she still goes to unknown missions."

"I see..." I tapped my chin with my finger.

I heard Soojoo laugh and I immediately faced her with a confused look.

"Your too worried, Ms. Kim. Don't worry, that's the best agent we have in our agency. She'll be as good as she was when she left." She pats my back with a huge grin.

And I couldn't help but blush. I faked a cough to not make it too obvious but I guess... Soojoo already saw it.

"I-I wasn't worried..." I mumbled and she smiled teasingly but nodded anyways.

Geez... why does everyone make it a big deal?

"Is everything cool here?" Irene asks as she got out of the restroom while wiping her lips with tissue.

"Yeah." Soojoo answered for the both of us.

"Hasn't K Unnie been gone for more than 3 hours now..." Chaeyoung said with worry evident in her voice.

We all nodded but Soojoo just chuckled.

"Would you look at that... she's back but..." Soojoo looks behind me and the others too.

The other's eyes widened and I couldn't get anymore curious on what's behind me.

Before I could turn around K's voice shouted, "Move aside, people!!!"

Everyone scampered to the sides except me who was just standing there like an idiotic statue.

"Jennie!" Irene yelled at me and that knocked me back to reality.

But it was too late, something very hard hit my back and I swear, I heard a loud crack.

I then heard one specific person's voice...

"Jennie!!"

K...

I felt really dizzy and before I knew it... I already fainted.

...

A few weeks later...

I woke up feeling miserable than ever.

It has been a few days since I woke up from that long and painful slumber.

"Unnie... finally your awake now. We got some food for you." Chaeyoung, who just entered the room with plastic bags, walked towards me with a soft smile.

"Are you alright now?" Lisa, who was behind Chaeyoung, asked in worry.

"I'm finer than the last time I woke up." I replied with a shrug and they chuckled.

"Glad to hear that, Unnie." Chaeyoung says as she placed the good they bought on the table.

"Anyways, how's K managing the company?" I asked as I tried to sit up straight but failed miserably.