Chapter One

Fraternizing with the Enemy
Chapter One
Justice Homer
Summer, June, Saturday

Fuck this. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I drop my bags on the bed by the window and glare at my smirking roommate. Reed motherfucking Archer. My rival. I had to spend two months living with the boy I hated about as much as I loved football. He was sitting on the other bed.

"This is not fucking happening." I growl out at him.

"I'm not happy about this either, numb nuts, but I don't think there is anything we can do about it." I continue to glare at him. "Might as well unpack."

With an annoyed huff, I turn my back to him. I grab one of my three duffle bags and unzip it. This one contained my bedding and toiletries. I grab the four towels I had brought and put them on the bed.

"Shit," I hear Reed mumble.

"What?" I snap.

"Nothing." He snaps back.

"Fine." I shrug and put the towels to the side to deal with later.

Next, I pull out my fitted sheet. I begin to put the white sheets on the twin sized bed. I let out a curse when, for the third time, the corner I had just put down came off the side with I put the opposite one on. I hear a chuckle behind me and whip around to see Reed already had the fitted sheet on and was about to put on the flat sheet. I growl and turn back around, pissed. I put the corner back on and use my foot to keep it there. I stretch my body and put the edges on the opposite side on the bed. Then I reached and put the last corner on. With a smile of victory, I fall face first onto the bed. Seconds later, the corners I had just put on all folded in towards my body. A full bellied laugh came from the opposite side of the room.

I stand up and glare at Reed while he continued to laugh.

"That was priceless. I should have videoed it. Man, why do I never have my camera on?" Reed gasps out between fits of laughter. I growl.

"Fuck this. I don't need this fucking sheet." I complain, throwing the fitted sheet somewhere in the room.

"I'll tell you what." Reed sobers, catching my attention. "I'll make your bed if I can use one of your towels for these two months."

I stop and stare at him, thinking. I had brought four towels. I don't think I'd need them all. I'd over packed with just about everything. My mom was the exact same. Us packing for camp together wasn't the smartest.

"Deal." I state. "Get this shit hole of a bed made. I'll put two towels in the bathroom."

I grab two of the towels from my pile and put them in the bathroom. I put them on the counter, not really knowing where exactly to put them. We were staying in the cabins on campus. It was two to a cabin. There weren't a lot of storage places in the bathroom. There was a countertop with a sink, the toilet was at the end of it. The shower had a glass door cover. I snort at that. Thinking, that fucking asshole better not walk in on my while I'm showering.

I walk back into the bedroom and see Reed already finished making my bed. Surprisingly, it didn't look half bad. I nod thanks to Reed and he nods back. I put the duffle bag back on the bed and look inside. There wasn't much now that my blankets and sheets were out of it. There were another pair of sheets and two or so more blankets. The other two bags consisted of my football gear and clothing. There was a washing machine and dryer, but I had never had much luck with doing laundry. My dad had ended up with green socks.

I grab my bag that contained my clothing and grab that one. Reed and I would have to share a closet and a dresser. I pull out my shorts and pants first. Then I pull out my t-shirts, long sleeves and sweatshirts. I also pull out my socks and boxers. The dresser had four different drawers. He claimed the top two already, so I put my socks and boxers into the third one. I'd need the fourth one for my football stuff.

Long sleeves weren't what I usually wear, so I only brought about ten of them. I put six of them back into my bags and hand up the left over four. I put them in the ROYGBV order. Next, I hang up the shirts I had brought. I put those to the left of the long sleeves, also in the ROYGBV order. On the right side of the long sleeves, I hang up the abundance of sweatshirts I own.

Reed stands next to me, hanging up his own clothes. He snorts at my side, all colored organized and sectioned. He just hung up everything without color consideration or organized by type. He only had like two long sleeves, most of his clothes were t-shirts. But there were a couple of sweatshirts. His clothes didn't fill up his half and I glance over at his side to see he had only brought two bags, both of which were empty.

"Is that all you brought?" I question, folding my shorts. I separate them by color and put them on the shelves to the left of the closet. I had the left side of the closet, so it made since.

"Yeah," Reed says, jumping onto the bed. "I don't really plan on changing that much."

He was avoiding eye contact with me.

"Damn," I whistle. "I never know what I want to wear, and I'm an over packer."

Reed snorts. "I've noticed."

I ignore him and walk back over to my bed and separate my pants into jeans and joggers. I then separate the joggers by colors. I had black, grey, red, and white joggers. Most were Adidas but some were Nike. I take the jeans over first, then follow with the joggers. After I finished, I stepped back and eyed my closet. My side looked organized and colorful, then I looked over at Reeds side. I felt physical pain from his side. There was no organization to it. It looked like he had just put things in there without a care, which I had no doubt he did. That's the type of person he was.

There was a knock on the cabin door. I look at the clock on the wall. Four fifty-three. I walk over to the door and open it. A middle-aged man was on the other side.

"Hi boys. I'm Coach Owen." He introduces himself. "I am stopping by cabins to tell everyone that dinner will be ready in about an hour. It will be served every day at six pm. After dinner we will have a quick meeting going over rules, schedules, meals and anything else."

"Cool, we'll be there." I smile. He moves on and heads to the next cabin.

I turn around, not expecting Reed to be there. I bump into him. We were nearly the same height, maybe an inch or two difference. I was slightly shorter than him, which didn't help me much in this moment.

"Watch where you're going, asshole." Reed glares at me.

"Well maybe if you weren't standing on top of me, I wouldn't bump into you." I glare at him.