Chapter Thirty-Five

Fraternizing with the Enemy
Chapter Thirty-Five
Justice Homer
Direct Continuation (14th week)

Not being able to see was difficult. I liked to see exactly where and what I was doing. I trusted Reed not to lead me astray and to take me in the right direction but I'm not sure how I felt about handing over complete control to him. I was having a love-hate relationship with it. I liked the tingly sensation it gave me when Reed talked or touched me but I didn't like handing over control. Reed seemed to like it though. He seemed pleased with himself when we were done and sitting back where we began. That was the last exercise for today. Now everyone was allowed to leave. Not that I wanted to. But I did have homework to finish.

I walk off the field with Hayden. I'd given him a ride over so now I was taking him back to Harris. We get into my car. My phone dings in my pocket.

"Is that Trish?" Hayden asks.

"I broke up with her." I say.

"When? As far as I know she's still going around saying ''you're dating." He says, going to mess with my radio.

"At the beginning of the year. I haven't talked to her since." I shrug, pulling out of the parking lot. He sends me a look. "What?"

"Dude that's probably not a good thing. Do you remember how she acted when Tyler Parks broke up with her?" He asks, settling on a country station.

"No, why? What'd she do?"

"She wouldn't leave him alone. I remember him saying that she talked to him more after they broke then she did the entire two years they were together."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. You should probably talk to her." He says. I groan. I did not want to talk to her.

"Fine. I'll call her tonight." I groan again.

Five minutes later we pulled into the parking lot of Harris. I drop him off at his car and head home. When I got there, Ryan was sitting in the kitchen eating.

"Hey," Ryan nods in greeting.

"Sup?" I ask as I set my bags down on the opposite end of the table.

"Nothing," He shrugs. "How was practice?"

"It was okay. We had a joint practice with Harrison High." I say then go and grab a water bottle from the fridge.

"Oh? And it went okay? What'd you guys do?"

"Basically just ice breaker games and stuff like that. Coaches are trying to decrease the rivalry or some shit like that." I explain, drowning the water and tossing it into the recycle bin.

"Damn, that sucks. So are you doing it every week, then?" He asks.

I shrug. "I don't know. They didn't really say. I think so, though. Probably a weekly thing. I'm surprised they're starting it so close to the game against them."

"Yeah, I guess that's a little weird." Ryan shrugs. "Imma go watch TV."

He stands up and puts his empty plate into the sinks then heads to the living room. I chuckle and pick my bags back up. I head upstairs and into my room. I throw both of my bags onto my bed and plop down. Sighing, I fall back onto my bed, beside my bags. I pull out my phone, no notifications. I groan but roll back off my bed, grab my school bag and head to my desk. I pull out my homework and begin working on it. I finish it by the time my mom calls up the stairs that dinner is ready.

I walked down the stairs and joined my parents and Ryan in the dining room. We had both a table in the kitchen and a dining room. It was weird but we had the money to have both and the room. I sit down across from Ryan. For dinner we were having chicken. It wasn't my favorite meal but I liked it.

"How was school today, boys?" Mom asks.

"Good," Ryan and I say at the same time.

"How did practice go today, Just?" Dad asks.

"It was okay. We had a joint practice with Harrison High." I answer, finishing off my first helping and going for a second one.

"Oh yeah? How'd that go?" Dad continues.

"It was okay. We didn't really do anything. We just did icebreaker games." I answered.

"Hm," He answers.

We fall into a comfortable silence after that. We finished up dinner in silence. I headed up to my bedroom again as Ryan finished up the dishes. I close the door behind me and grab my phone then run and jump onto my bed. Unlocking my phone, I click contacts and pull up Reed's contact. It was still the same as he had set during camp. Blue eyes. Fuck. I hit the facetime button. I wait, impatiently, while it dials. It only rings a couple of times before it ends. That asshole declined my call. How dare he? Asshole. Douchebag. My phone dings while I was making up new names to call him when he called me back.

Hey babe. Can't talk. Call later.

I reread the message a couple of times and frown. That was not like his usual texts. They were short sentences, and there was no flirting or his usual Reed-ness.

What's going on? I message back. He doesn't answer.

I groan. What was I going to do now? I smirk as an idea pops into my head. I grab my laptop and boot it up. I opened a new browser and searched for what I was looking for. I open the Calvin Klein website. I needed more boxers. I order those. I may have also, impulsively, bought a couple more sweatshirts and sweatpants. I was about to click off because I was feeling a little better but then I saw a sale on sunglasses. I put a pair I want into the cart. I was also running out of cologne but that was more Ralph Lauren area. I will head there next.

I ordered the cartful I had. It was going to arrive in a couple of days. Next, I open a new tab and go to the Ralph Lauren website. I set my sights straight onto the fragrances. I did not need anything else or to spend anymore money on Ralph Lauren. I add Polo black to my cart. I order it and quickly close the tab. Ralph Lauren was my weakness. I could spend countless hours on it and even more money on it. I didn't need that. My parents were already pissed at all of the clothes I already owned. They thought I should get rid of some. I most definitely did not want to. I wear all of my clothes, at some point. When I finally close my laptop, ten minutes later, my phone rings. It was Reed, he was calling me.