Chapter Six

Fraternizing with the Enemy
Chapter Six
Reed Archer
1 week later, Friday of second week

Two weeks had already passed since we got here. Justice and I living together had somehow made us friendly. I thought he was just going to ignore me and not talk to me and we'd have a miserable time, but it's been quite the opposite. But I should have known better. Justice is a social butterfly. He can't deal with not talking to someone. I've also learned that he's a complete clean freak.

He's one of those people that cleans when he's stressed, or bored, or just for the heck of it. I told him he could come over and clean my house, but only if he wore a sexy maid costume. He didn't find that funny.

Literally he's cleaned the entire cabin six times already. That's not including the bathroom. He cleans that every other day. And yells at me for the hair in the drain. Sorry I prefer things to be smooth.

It was after dinner now. Some of the boys were having a party and we were invited, separately of course. But that wasn't until ten o'clockish. It was only eight right now, so I have time to kill. But Justice, being the mother hen he apparently is, forbade me from working out. Something about 'letting the body heal' or some other bullshit.

I was laying in bed, throwing a football up into the air and catching it. Usually I pass time by working out, so this sitting around was making me stir crazy. Justice was showering. Good thing too because he did not smell very pleasant. I already showered before he came back to the cabin, so I smelled just fine. Great if I do say so myself. Justice, as I've learned, has a lot of friends or at least talks to a lot of people. Hence the social butterfly classification.

Justice has been in the shower for a while now, I swear. If he didn't get out here, so I can mess with him to pass time, I'm just going to say screw it and go for a run. I don't sit still very well. I like to go, go, go until I can't. It's a blessing and a curse.

Finally, Justice gets out of the bathroom, already dressed. He was wearing a sweatshirt and joggers. Typical. I roll my eyes at his clothing choice. He either doesn't see it or ignores it.

"Hey, Reed," I look over at Justice. He was standing by his bed and pulling an innocent expression.

"What?" I swear, my limbs were itching to move.

"We're kind of sort of not really friends, right?" I narrow my eyes at him and give a stiff nod. "And friends do things for each other right?"

"I guess." I wouldn't really know. I don't have a lot of friends. Comes with the territory, I guess.

"So, then you'll do something for me right?" He batts his eyes at me. Did he really just-? I can't even.

"Depends." I start. "What do you want?"

"To organize your closet?" He batts his eyes faster and folds his hands together under his chin.

I scrunch my brows at him and shrug. "Sure, but don't steal anything. I see how many sweatshirts you wear, and I know how many I own."

"Reed, I'm so happy right now, I could kiss you." He was practically bursting; his smile was so big.

A smirk slowly lights up my face. "That can be arranged."

Red starts to come to his cheeks, that familiar anger I know so well, but is blocked by his happiness. He turns on his heel and opens our closet. He grabs all of my clothes and places them on the bed. I watch, silently, as he organizes them by color, style, size and probably any other ridiculous category he can.