Chapter Twelve

Fraternizing with the Enemy
Chapter Twelve
Reed Archer
Wednesday, 5th week

Since the storm, things have definitely changed between Justice and I. We haven't had sex again since that day. Good thing too because I only keep a max of three condoms in my wallet. But, lately, things were tense. I'd like to say with sexual tension, but I think that's just wishful thinking.

Justice comes inside the cabin and heads straight into the bathroom. I hear the shower turn on, so I stand up and walk to the little kitchenette area. There was a small fridge and a stove and a microwave. I grab a bag and fill it with ice. I'd rolled my ankle today during training. I'd been able to walk on it so I knew it wasn't broken. But it was swollen and bruised. I'd definitely need to wrap it tomorrow.

My right ankle was weak. I broken it during middle school, and it never fully got back to what it used to be. This has happened a lot since then. I would roll it at practice, it'd swell so I'd ice for a few days and eventually it returned to normal. This one was hurting a little more but I'd found that some hurt more than other so I wasn't too worried about it. I hid my body under the sheet because I knew what Justice was like and he'd go and tell the coaches. I'd probably be out until it healed which could be the remainder of the camp. We only hand three and a half weeks left. I was not doing that.

I grabbed my phone and let the ice do its job while I messed around on my phone. Justice walked out of the bathroom around half an hour later.

"I'm heading over to one of my teammates cabins. I'll be back in a little bit. Do not work out." He glares at me. "See ya."

Don't worry, I can't really. I don't tell him, of course. "Okay. Have fun. See you when you get back."

I mockingly blow him a kiss with a wink. He rolls his eyes, but I catch the corners of his mouth turn up.

"Wait, Justice." I call out before he can leave.

"What?"

"Toss me your phone." I demand.

"Why?"

"Just toss it to me." I roll my eyes. He rolls his right back but tosses me the phone, nonetheless.

I open up his contacts and put my number in there under the disguise of a nickname then text my number from his phone. My phone buzzes from beside me. I hand him his phone back.

"In case you get bored." I wink.

"Okay." After that, Justice leaves.

My phone buzzes again after he left. I look down to see another text from Justice's number.

Really, Reed? Blue eyes? What kind of nickname is that?

Ah, I see you're already bored, and you haven't even gotten to the party yet. And it works cause my eyes are blue and I know you love them. 😉

God, you're annoying

You love it. And me.

I'm here. I'm going to stop texting now, asshole. See you when I get home.

A smile comes to my face when I realize he called the cabin home. A schoolgirl giddiness enters me as I realize that I make him feel like home. Or at least that's what I'm going to tell myself, so I don't feel as bad about maybe liking him more than he likes me.