Chapter Four

Fraternizing with the Enemy

Chapter Four

Reed Archer

Wednesday, same time, direct continuation

As luck would have it, Justice had chased someone onto the dock. I had followed him from the beginning. He was wearing all white and something that didn't mix well with white? Water. Water would make his clothes completely see through. I leisurely, but quietly, follow Justice as he sprints after and grabs the flag of some random kid. I eye as he ties the flag around his arm, then bends and puts his hands on his thighs to catch his breath. He stands up and watches the water. I finally reach him and lean down to whisper into his ear.

"Surprise." I breathily say, watching the goose bumps pop up on his neck and hearing his breath catch. Then I promptly shove him into the water below us. I hoped he could swim. I smirk at him as he finally comes up, he could swim.

"Reed, you fucking asshole."

"Hm, talk dirty to me Justice. You know I like it." I tease. "You gonna get out anytime soon?"

He glares at me, but then groans in pain. My smirk falters a little bit, that sounded real.

"You okay down there?" I call.

"Yeah, I don't know. My leg hurts. Where's the ladder?" He groans again and begins to tread with only one arm.

"Shit, I don't know. Can you swim to the beach?" I ask.

"Fuck," He groans. "I don't know."

"This isn't a ploy for you to get me into the water too, is it?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"No, fuck. That really hurts." He dips under water and resurfaces again, quickly. "Fuck, I don't think I can swim all that way. I am not good with pain. I have the lowest pain tolerance ever."

I sigh and look around. No one was near. Shit. Without a second thought, I hop into the water beside him and as quickly as possible, resurface. I landed a little ways away from him. Shaking the hair out of my face, I swim over to him.

"Where does it hurt?" I ask, treading water beside him.

"My shin, fuck." He pants again and looks at me desperately, as if I could take the pain away.

"Fuck, here." I swim closer to him, but he swims away from me. "Stop moving, Justice." He does so and I grab him. Together we swim towards one of the wood pillars holding the dock up. "Hold onto the pillar and float on your back. Let your leg float up, I'll look at it."

He does as told. Gripping onto the wood, he sends me one last glare before tipping his head back and letting his legs float upwards.

"I can float on my back just fine, you know. I didn't need the pillar." He complains.

"It's for security. It's also hiding us from any camp coaches or prying eyes that might walk by. We're not supposed to be in the water."

His leg floats slowly up and I wince at the large chunk of skin that was missing. It spanned nearly his entire shin. Shit, when did that happen? He hadn't hit the deck when he fell, had he?

"You have a really large cut. You'll be fine. Probably stings because I think this is salt water."

"Wonderful." He hisses. "This is all your fault."

"How did it happen? You didn't hit the deck when you fell. I watched, I would have known." I reason.

"No, I didn't. I felt it happen after I hit the water. I think there might be something over there in the water, something sharp." He explains, letting his leg lower and floating so he was floating vertically again.