Chapter Sixteen

Fraternizing with the Enemy
Chapter Sixteen
Reed Archer
Thursday, the next day (6th)

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. I hold in a groan. I was currently hiding in the bathroom. I bit down onto my closed fist. I'd rolled my ankle again today. It still hadn't healed from the roll a couple of days ago and it was now  bruised badly. I'd continued to practice on it, but it did not feel good. Justice was staying home tonight so I'd gone straight to the bathroom. I've had the cold water running on it for awhile now, and for the first time since I'd gotten here, I wished I'd remembered to bring in more clothes. Or at least socks.

The doorknob wiggles and I stare it it in horror. It doesn't budge. I'd remembered to lock it. I let out the breath I was holding. I lean my head back against the wall.

"Reed, I'm going over to Hayden's cabin to hang with some of the team." He calls out. "Is everything okay in there? You've never lock the door and you've been in there for awhile."

"Yeah, everything is fine. I'll see you when you get home, yeah?"

He pauses. "Yeah, I guess."

"Bye, babe!" I call out, trying to keep the pain out of my voice. 

"See ya, Reed." He says it quietly. I listen to his footsteps as he leaves. I hear the slam of the door and let out a sigh. 

A groan of pain passes my lips as I lean down and feel over the bruises. I'd have to stay off of it once camp was over. Take it easy. I know when to push and when not to. I could still walk on it, it just hurt to. I'll stay off of it tonight. 

I turn off the shower and stand up. I put pressure onto my ankle, shooting pain went up my leg. I place a hand against the wall and close my eyes. Tears wanted to push through but I blink them back. I unlock and open the door. The room was empty, thank god. I hobble over to the dresser. I get out a pair of socks and sit down on the bed. I grab the wrap I had brought from the bathroom. I wrap my ankle before putting on the socks. It was only seven twenty. I wasn't ready to go to bed yet. I grab my phone and decide to spend a few hours messing around on it. 

Justice comes home a couple of hours later. He was smiling and texting on his phone. He barely looked up when he walked in. He walks straight to the bed and falls face first onto it. He groans and rolls over. I watch him with a small smile. He turns his head up and looks at me. 

"Gawh, I'm so tired." He rubs his eyes and yawns. "Wanna wrestle? We haven't done that in a couple of days."

I hesitate. "Nah, J, we're both tired. We, ah," I clear my throat. "We should just do it another day." 

He furrows his brows at me. "You sure? You've never refused wrestling with me."

He flips around onto his stomach and levels me with a stare. 

"Yeah, I'm just...tired and sore."

He crawls up the bed and wraps one around around my waist and puts his head on my chest. 

"You've been acting weird tonight. Everything okay, Reed?" He asks, nuzzling his nose into my chest. "Mm, you smell good. Is that my cologne you're wearing?"

"Mm, possibly. It's your sweatshirt." I chuckle. He chuckles too and cuddles more into me. 

"Hm, I like you in my clothes. You should wear them more often." He says, moving up a little more so his head rested in the crook of my neck. "Like all the time."

"This again, J? Really?" I laugh. 

"I'm not going to stop bugging you until you let me steal more of your clothes." I feel him sniff my neck, the air moving causing the hair on my neck to stand on end. "And now, so you'll wear more of mine. Damn, I didn't even recognize that sweatshirt and it's my favorite one, too." 

"Hmm, it's my favorite too." I chuckle, kissing the top of his head. I shove my arm under his body and wrap it around his waist. I pull him closer to me and click the lamp off. 

"I don't want to go to sleep yet, but I'm exhausted." Justice complains. 

His hand that was around my waist goes under the sweatshirt and rubs up my side. Goose bumps rise on my skin and I shiver. He chuckles against my neck. I'd glare at him if we were looking at one another. 

"Stop laughing, douche weed." I scold. He laughs harder. 

"You're so cute, Reed." He says. I squeeze his side. "I love the effect my touch has on you. And I love the fact that your body responds so much and so well to me." 

"You say that as if your body doesn't respond to me in the exact same way." I chuckle, using the hand around his waist to do the same thing he was doing to me to him. He shivers and I chuckle at him. "You know you want me." 

"Yeah," He whispers back. "Yeah I do. But you want me too, don't you?"

"I think that's pretty obvious, babe."

"No really." He mumbles. 

"I thought it was obvious when I fucked you the first time. Or even the second time. Or even more when I wanted to fuck you a third time. Or even when I let you sleep on me or steal my sweatshirts or other clothes. Hell, I definitely wouldn't keep kissing you or touching you unless I wanted you."

"Well yeah, I know you want my body, but do you like...want me, want me? Like for real? For more than sex? Like for a relationship?" 

"J, babe, we're dating. What did you think I meant when I asked you out? That I just wanted to fuck you a couple of times and then never talk to you again? What kind of man do you think I am?"

"I don't know. I just...we--this is just new to both of us. I mean, I wasn't gay. You weren't gay. I've heard stories about you with girls. How do you know that we're not, like, going through a phase or something? How do you know--" 

"Justice, shut up. Babe, I don't know. I don't know how this is going to end up. I hope we'll last. I want to make it work with you, Justice. I've never dated or fucked a guy before, but I like you. I like you a lot. Probably more than I've ever liked anyone before." I confide in him. 

"Reed..." Justice says, sitting up to look at me. 

"I know you're worried, babe. Neither of us were gay and now we're, I don't know? Into each other. I'm not gay. I've never liked any other guy. I don't think I will. I wanna see what this'll turn out of."

Justice wastes no time in leaning forward and kissing me. He smiles. "I like you too and I wanna see what this leads to, too." 

"Good," I wrap my other arm around his waist and pull him on top of me.