Chapter Thirty

Fraternizing with the Enemy
Chapter Thirty
Reed Archer
Saturday morning, ten o'clock (13th)

I yawn and pull the body hugging mine closer. It groans in response, so I shush it. I nuzzle into his neck and sigh, falling back to sleep only for an arm to elbow me in the eye.

"Ow," I groan, rolling away from him.

"Shit, sorry Reed." Justice whispers. "We gotta get up though."

"Why?" I growl.

"Because my parents are up and we have to figure out a way to sneak you out. We're lucking they didn't walk in on us."

"Fuck," I roll back over to face Justice. "Do you have to go anywhere today?"

"No, I don't think so." He says, blinking repeatedly at me.

"Good, so I can just stay all day and we can sneak me out tonight. Or tomorrow. Anytime except for now." I reason then roll back over to go back to sleep.

"That would work, if tomorrow wasn't a weekday. Either way we still have to get up."

"Why?" I groan, rolling once again to face him.

"A. we have to shower, B. I have to go downstairs so my parents don't get suspicious which leads up to C. You have to be up in case anyone comes in here while I'm down there." Fuck when did he get so smart?

"Ugh, you're right." I say, sitting up and looking at him.

"Good. Now we need to brush our teeth. And then I'll head downstairs and bring breakfast up for, well, at least you. I don't know if my parents will let me eat up here. We usually eat breakfast together on Sundays." Justice says, helping me to the bathroom.

"Damn," I laugh. "Y'all are a typical white picket fence family, aren't ya?"

"Yeah, I guess." He shrugs. We paused our conversation so we could brush our teeth.

"Hm," I mumble.

"What? Did you say something?" Justice asks, looking at me as he helps me move back to his bed. He sits me down on there.

"Nah, just remember-"

"You love bacon and hate eggs. You like a tiny amount of syrup and a lot of butter but only on pancakes." Justice says, rolling his eyes. "Yes, yes, Reedy, I know."

"Reedy?" I laugh.

"Well, you have like a dozen nicknames for me, and I barely have one for you. I need another one. You don't like Reedy?" He batts his eyes.

"Fuck no." I laugh.

"Well what the hell am I supposed to call you, then? Reed is not an easy name to make a nickname for." Justice complains.

"Then call me Reed."

"No."

"Yes."

"No." He crosses his arms and glares at me. "What if I call you Archer? No, that's weird."

"Call me, oh, I don't know, Reed."

"Ugh, this is not over." He says quietly as he leaves the room. I lay back on the bed and blow out a breath of air in boredom.

I look over at Justice's dresser and see nothing interesting on there. I look at the other dresser beside his bed and see nothing on there either. I sit and look around. This boy had nothing in his room. I could play one of his games but I didn't really feel like it. I lay back again and roll over on his bed.

"Hey, Just, do you have any toothpaste in your bathroom?" I hear someone call.

"Uh yeah, hold on I'll grab it." Justice calls.