Chapter Two

Fraternizing with the Enemy
Chapter Two
Reed Archer
Summer, June, same day (Saturday)

Sure, finding out Justice Homer was my roommate was a surprise, but it didn't piss me off quite as much as it pissed him off. I had never been into the whole rivalry. The only time I got into it was during rivalry week, the week of our game against the Wolves.

Dinner had passed quickly, and the meeting had taken forever. But I guess it was important. Breakfast was served between 6:30 and 8:00 am. Then at 8:30 we had to be on the field ready to play. Which wouldn't be a problem, my internal clock usually woke me up around 4:30. Perks of living with parents who fought all the time. Dad got up to go to work and mom woke up to yell at him. Now, it was just when I was used to waking up. Typically, I worked out until six when I started getting ready.

Which was what I was doing currently. I had a rigorous work out and diet program set in place by my dad. I had eaten more than I should have tonight and thus I needed to work it off. It was so set into my head I didn't question it. I had beaten Justice back. When I had left, he was sitting with his teammates, joking around. I didn't get along with my teammates, well most of them at least. There were a few that I got along with but my main friend on the team was at home, nursing an injury. I wasn't feeling up to hanging out either. I was one of the few to leave, most of the boys here were excited and were not going to wind down for a while.

I was the same way but working out was my release. Well that and sex, but I didn't swing that way and the only one I could have sex with here was Justice. And he wouldn't let me fuck his ass just so I could go to sleep.

I flip over from where I was doing sit ups and do pushups. I had shed my shirt after the twentieth sit up. Justice had turned up the heat to 74 degrees, I was used to 60 degrees, so I was sweating. I finish my pushups, limiting myself to 100 per set. I switch to crunches and finished those even quicker. I stand up and begin to do burpees. Burpees were the one exercise I loved to hate. I hated them but I loved to do them.

I finish those and drop back down to do mountain climbers. I move on from those and decide to do planks. I hold for sixty seconds then move on bicycle crunches. After 100 of those, I hop up and do jumping jacks. With a huff, I do squats. Then do squat kicks and squat jumps. Because I was still standing, I move onto high knees doing 100 per leg, to total to 200. I was beginning to slow down faster. To end this set, I use to bed and do pushups that way, the kind where your back is to the bed. I begin to repeat this again. My usual was two sets, sometimes three depending on how I feel after the second set. Today I decide to stop after two because the doorknob begins to rattle, signaling Justice coming back. I rush through my last 20 of my bed pushups and walk into the bathroom, all before Justice go into the cabin.

I turn on the shower to cold and stip. Hopping in, I allow the cold water to cool me down then switch to warm water and wash my body. I hop out of the shower and curse my luck. I had forgotten to get my clothes. Sighing and deciding not to care, I walk out of the bathroom. Justice was laying on his bed, scrolling through his phone. He glances at me for a split second, looks back at his phone then looks back at me.

"God, could you put some clothes on?" He complains. I see the slight tinge of pink hit his cheeks and I chuckle.

"Why? Can't control yourself around me? I mean, I know I'm sexy, but I didn't realize you swung that way." I tease him. He chokes on air and glares at me.

"As if. Even if I did swing that way, you would be the last person I'd look at." He practically growled at me. I chuckled, which just seemed to make him madder. His cheeks flushed with anger. God was he easy to rile up.

I decided to wait a bit to get dressed and instead sat down on my bed. I enjoyed the reaction I was getting from him. He was embarrassed. His eyes kept on darting from his phone to my abs and back. Perks of the work out and diet my dad had installed in me? It provided me abs at the ripe age of 14. I was toned and muscular, I knew that. It was what made me a good football player. That combined with the fact that I was tall were a good thing to have on the field and on the courts.

"Oh yeah?" I question. "Wanna bet?"

"No. I would not like to bet anything with you. In fact, the less we talk, the better. The less we see of each other, the better. Don't bother me and I won't bother you."

With that, he turned onto his side, so his back was facing me. In that case, I did something that I know was going to piss him off. I turned down the heat, taking it down to 65 degrees. Then I drop the towel and begin to get dressed into what I wore to bed, which was just a pair of boxers. I pull on a black pair and go to hang up my towel.

After about an hour, I was just about to head to bed. A chattering of teeth keeps me up.

"Did you turn down the heat?" Justice asks. I ignore him, smiling at the annoyed huff he lets out. "Reed motherfucking Archer, answer me."

"I do recall you saying, 'the less we talk, the better' and that's what I'm trying to do. 'better' as you put it." I smirk, flipping onto my back.

"God, I hate you. Fuck, you're even more annoying off the field." I hear his bed sheets shuffle and look over to see him get out of bed. "I feel bad for whatever sorry fuck ends up with you."

"Hey, now, that's rude." I pout at him, mockingly. "And don't put it at fucking 75. I was nice and put it at 65. Typically, my house is at 60."

"60 degrees is cold." Justice complains, he looks about ready to stomp his foot to get his way. God, I never realized he was that whiny. It made him look kind of like a puppy.

"What about 68?" I offer, trying to compromise. "Fine, 70. And that's as high as I'm going. I'm going to be sweating as it is."

"Deal." He sends me a bright smile and pulls two more blankets out from under his bed.

"Jesus." I chuckle with a small smile and shake my head. I can feel his heated glare on me, even with my arm covering my eyes. "Night, asshole."

"Night, dick wad." He replies back. I smile and let sleep take over. I'd be up in a couple of hours, anyways.