Chapter Five

Fraternizing with the Enemy
Chapter Five
Justice Homer
Six days later, Friday, week 1

"Fuck," I groan, laying down on my bed. Every other day was strictly conditioning and today was that day. Although, we did get to play some football, but it was just an elementary version with no tackling.

Reed walks in soon after. Of course, he didn't look even phased by our conditioning. After having lived with him for a week, I've realized a few things. He works out nearly every night and wakes up at the crack of dawn to go work out again. He wakes me up every morning and once I'm woken up, I'm not going back to bed. I've went on his run with him the past couple of days but bail out once he starts to work out. This boy never quits.

Things definitely aren't as bad living with him as I thought they were going to be. We were getting along and had agreed to set the temperature to a chilling 70 degrees. But that's better than the 65 degrees he had it at that first day. My parents kept our house at 73 degrees. And even then, I sleep with blankets. My dad and brother Ryan hate it, but ma and I like it, so it stays, because dad is whipped.

Reed and I actually talk now but we still aren't friends. I'd say things aren't as chilling between us and we've quit with the rude, derogatory names towards one another. But he still pisses me off to no end. He takes like twelve showers a day but doesn't get dressed until like an hour after his shower and somehow always 'forgets' his clothes. I think he's doing it to piss me off.

Speaking of which, he was heading to shower right now. Did the boy like using wet towels?

He nods to me as he walks past, not bothering to grab clothes.

"Forgetting something?" I question. He stops and looks back at me expectantly, even going as far as to raise an eyebrow at me. "Clothes?"

"Why bother?" He smirks. "We're both boys here. There's no reason we should have to get dressed in the bathroom. I've seen what you've got, and you've seen what I've got, only smaller."

Anger fuels my body and I feel my cheeks heat up. Moments like these remind me of why I hated him in the first place. He was a cocky son of a bitch and an asshole. He just laughs at me and walks into the bathroom.

I fume for a little bit before getting an alert on my phone. I look down to see a text message from my girlfriend, Trish. Trish and I have been dating for three months now. I don't love her and half the time I don't even like her, but she keeps my parents and friends off my back.

Her text said, Hows camp miss me yet

I mentally roll my eyes before remembering Reed's in the shower and then physically roll my eyes.

I text her back what she expected. 'course, how can I not?

you've been acting kind of weird lately thought u might be regretting asking me out.

;(

I quickly reply back to her text message. what do you mean? Acting weird?

you haven't been into it when we make out and when I tried to get you to go further you like kicked me out

Yikes. I hadn't realized I wasn't acting into it with her. I mean, I was never into it when we make out but typically, I do a better job at masking it. Fuck, I feel bad. Maybe I should just end it with her. I shouldn't keep leading her on. But I really don't want to deal with everyone asking why I dumped her when it's oh so obvious that she wants to fuck.

Shit, I do not want to deal with this today. I'll deal with it later.

So, I text Trish the only thing I can think of to get out of this situation. I just don't want to pressure you or force you or anything like that. I do have to go though. Lights out was five minutes ago and we have to be up early. Text you later?

sure

She's definitely pissed. Oh well, not the first time this has happened.

At some point during my texting with Trish, Reed had walked back in. He was standing at our joint dresser and was pulling out yet another pair of boxer briefs. He tosses them aside and sits down on the bed. The corners of his mouth turn up when he sees I'm now looking at him and not focused on my phone. I give him a blank stare.

"Who ya texting?" He wonders. I send him a look.

"My girlfriend." I reply, vaguely.

"Oh yeah, aren't you dating that Summers chick? Whats her name? Mindy?" He makes a face. "No that's the oldest one. Um, Taylor is the youngest. Fuck, whats her name?"

"It's Trish." I reply, rolling my eyes at his antics.

"Trish really? That doesn't seem right. I feel like she should be a Quinn or a Riley. But Trish?"

"Watch your mouth Archer." I warn him.

He rolls his eyes at me. "Oh please. A blind man could see you don't have a thing for her. You probably can't even get it up around her."

He wasn't wrong. But he didn't need to know that.

"You're wrong."

"Have you even fucked her yet?" He bluntly asks. This was another thing I hated about him. He was blunt and vulgar.

"Whats it to you, Archer?" I glare.

"Woah pull the claws back in, kitty. I was just asking." He teasingly puts his hands out to stop me.

"You're such a douche." I groan. "These are the reasons I hate you. You're an asshole."

"Asshole, dick, manwhore. I've heard it all. Hell, I was even called a cunt once." He chuckles, sending me a bright smile. He says it so chipperly that I can't help but let out a small laugh.

"Who called you a cunt?" I ask, still laughing.

"Some old hag in the grocery store. She even waved her cane at me and threated to hit me with her purse." I couldn't stop the full bellied laugh from coming out as I imagine some frail old women beating Reed with her purse.

Eventually, Reed joins in on my laughing fit. I can't stop laughing. Every time I envision it, it gets funnier. I was laughing so hard, I couldn't breath and tears were coming out of my eyes.

"You should have seen her face too. I had my little sister with me, and she made me hold her purse while she went to the bathroom. I held my purse up at hers. She looked flabbergasted when I held up the Cinderella purse. My sister came out soon after though and too the purse away."

"You did not!"

"I did."