Chapter Twenty-Three

Fraternizing with the Enemy
Chapter Twenty-Three
Justice Homer
Friday of first week, after the game

We won. Not a big surprise there. We all knew we were going to. But I couldn't find Reed. He texted me before the game to tell me he was here and yet I couldn't find him. My phone was in the locker room so I couldn't check that. I was standing outside the locker room talking to my mom. She was crying because we'd won.

"My baby!" She cries. "I'm so proud of you! You played so well tonight."

"Thanks, mama." I say hugging her. She smiles at me but pinches her nose.

"Justice, baby, as much as I love you, you smell." Mom says. Dad laughs an wraps an arm around her. He winks at me before beginning to pull her to the car.

"We'll see you on Sunday. We're trusting you and Ryan not to throw a party. Or at least, have it cleaned up before we get home."

I chuckle and walk back onto the field. I'd left my bag there when my mom had pulled me away. There weren't a lot of people left here. Games were deserted pretty fast after they were over so I wasn't too surprised.

"Psst!" I hear. I look up but can't determine where the noise came from. "Psst, Justice."

I ignore it, zipping up my bag.

"Damn, J," I hear the voice laugh. I'd know that laugh anywhere.

I throw the strap of the bag over my shoulder and walk towards the bleachers. I laugh when I realize that he was underneath them. When I walk behind them, I am pulled underneath the bleachers. A second later, soft lips are on mine.

"You played good tonight. Refs were trash though." Reed laughs.

I lean back and look at him. I laugh when I notice he was wearing my polo hoodie.

"Really?" I ask, pulling on the collar.

"Well I couldn't exactly be that obvious I was cheering for you. Thought this was a little more subtle and you'd like it better." He says.

"You're right. I do." I lean in to kiss him again.

"J, don't take this the wrong way but you stink. You need to go shower." Reed laughs, pushing me back a step. I mockingly glare at him.

"And you smell so much better?" I reach. He did smell but it was a good smell.

"Well I'm wearing your cologne so you'd better hope I smell good."

"Ugh, you do. Even when you don't wear cologne you do." I cave, kissing the side of his neck.

"What are you doing to celebrate tonight?"

"Hmm," I kiss his neck again. "Maybe...you?"

He chuckles a throaty laugh.

"Cute but nice try. That's not going to happen. However, I can do you if you'd like."

"Hmm no. But you can come over. You can stay the night, too. My parents are going away for a romantic getaway. Some raffle tickets my dad won at work."

"I can't come over tonight. I'm sorry, J, you know I want to."

"Why not?" I pout at him. He leans down and kisses my cheek.

"I'm babysitting my sister." He smiles. Surprisingly, Reed had a soft spot for kids. Especially his little sister.

"Okay, fine you're off the hook." I chuckle.

Reed chuckles. "Speaking of, I should probably get home. My parents are leaving in like twenty minutes."

"Ok, I'll see you later then? Yeah?" I ask, stepping back.

"Definitely. I'll call you once she goes to bed alright?"

I wrap my hand around the back of his neck and pull him down to kiss me.

"Bye, babe." I whisper against his lips. I turn around to walk away when he calls my name. I turn back around to look at him. "What's up?"

He grabs my hand and pulls me back to him, giving me another kiss.

"She usually goes to bed by ten thirty." He answers.

"I'm going to meet the guys, since you're busy, I'll sneak out before then."

I kiss him again and he slowly let's go of me.

"Bye again, Reed." I laugh, this time making it to the edge of the bleachers.

"Bye, J." I smile at him and head to my car. I get there and hop in.

Once inside the vehicle, I throw my bag onto the passenger seat and turn the car on. I buckle then peel out of the parking lot. I go home to shower. We had set to meet in about half an hour, so I had plenty of time to swing by home.

When I get home, there were no cars but the light in Ryans room was on. I assume he was home then.

I grab my bag then get out of my car and enter my house. I walk up stairs to my room and open the door. I throw my bag beside my door, where I always put it, and head into the bathroom. I strip and turn on the water. Once it was warm, I hop in and wash my body.

Once finished, I hop out of the shower and head back into my bedroom. I pull on a fresh pair of briefs and walk over to my closet. It was a walk in closet. Reed thinks it looks like a mall. I disagree. It's too small.

I walk over and pull on a pair of joggers. Then I head over to my sweatshirts. I put on one of the sweatshirts I took from Reed. I bite my lip as his scent washes over me. He always smelled good.

I roll my eyes at my corny thoughts and pull on a pair of sneakers. I was ready to go.

I walk out of my room, swinging my keys around my finger. I stepped out at the same time Ryan did from his room.

"You heading out?" He asks.

"Yeah, celebrating with the guys. Do you have any plans?"

"I was going to hang out with Arran but he got food poisoning from a food truck."

"Damn that sucks."

"Yeah," Ryan nods. "So, imma just hand around here."

"Alright, I'll be back before midnight."

"Wow, Just, don't live too recklessly." He mocks. I stuck my tongue out at him. He mocks that too.

Before I know it, I am off to go hang with my football buddies.