Chapter Twenty-Five

Fraternizing with the Enemy
Chapter Twenty-Five
Justice Homer
Same day, at Reed's house

"So," I say. "What time are your parents coming home?"

He sighs and leans back into the couch. "They're not. They're spending the night together at a hotel."

"Seriously?" I ask. "Does that mean I can stay all night?"

He chuckles. "If you'd like."

"I would. Been too long since we've shared a bed together." I smirk at him.

"True," He smirks back.

Boldly, I lean over and kiss him. He kisses me back and lays down, pulling me onto his chest. With a smile, I separate our lips and lock eyes with him. A loud bang from the tv startles me and I look over.

"What are you watching?"

"I dunno. Some random thing that was on." He follows my gaze and looks over at the tv. Two girls were sitting at a restaurant chatting. Typical.

I chuckle at him. "I've missed cuddling with you."

"Justice, you're literally the cheesiest person ever. It's disgusting." He says.

"Wow, I compliment you and instead of complimenting me back, you insult me. Great boyfriend you are." I tease.

"Har har. I know you love me." He teases back.

"I dunno. It's hard to love someone who thinks I'm disgusting."

"Oh really?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, I just don't know if I can do it." I over dramatically sigh.

"Hm," He slowly smirks at me.

My eyes widened in realization of what he was going to do. It was moments after that his hands found my sides and started tickling me. He doesn't let up until tears are rolling down my face and we rolled off the couch.

"Reed?" A quiet voice asks.

"Shit," Reed curses. "Stand up, J."

I follow his orders and stand up. A little girl was standing at the opening of the hallway. I smile politely at her. I reach a hand down and pull Reed up. He stands on one leg and holds onto me.

"What's wrong, Nan?" Reed asks, reaching his other hand out for a crutch. He grabs it and hobbles over to her.

I awkwardly look around, checking out his house. The kitchen and living room were open to each other and the dinning room was part of the kitchen. It wasn't a small house, but it was very big. It was cozy, besides it being a little dirty. But I only say that because of my clean freakness.

"I can't sleep." I hear the little girl mutter.

"Why? Bad dream?" Reed answers back quietly.

"I don't know." She whispers. "Who is he?"

"He's my friend. He's nice." Reed looks back at me and motions for me to come over. I walk over and squat down, matching Reed.

"Hi," I smile. "My name's Justice. What's yours?"

"I'm Nanette." She whispers. "You're friends with Reed?"

"Yeah, we're best friends. Your brother is very special to me." I explain.

"You aren't mean to him like his other friends, are you?" She asks. I send Reed a raised eyebrow.

"No, I love your brother. I could never be mean to him." I answer back.

"Good, then I like you." She smiles. "Can I sit up with you guys?"

"Nan, you need to go back to bed. You're going to your friends house tomorrow and need all the sleep you can get." Reed says sternly, causing Nan to pout at him.

"But-"

"No buts, Nanette. You're going back to bed."

I hold in a chuckle as I watch their argument.

"Fine." She pouts and heads back in the direction she came from.

"Sorry, J. She doesn't usually wake up this much." Reed apologizes.

"Don't worry about it. She's cute. Looks a lot like you." I answer.

"Yeah, we have good genes." He smirks.

"I'll say." I look him up and down before biting my lip. "Damn you look good."

"Hm," He hobbles closer to me, pushing our bodies flush against one another. "Back at ya, J."

I push Reed away and pull him to the couch. I pull him into my arms and we lay and watch TV.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"I don't know. One, two. Something like that. Why, you tired?"

I yawn. "Most definitely."

"You wanna head to bed? Presumably, you're staying the night." He asks, also yawning.

"Hm, watch this crappy ass show or go fool around in bed with you. Get up, crippled. Let's go." I say, helping him get up. He clicks off the TV.

He laughs at me but nonetheless leads us to his bedroom. I'd been here many times before over the summer but I usually wasn't looking around. Now, I had time to. Unlike in my house, there were no pictures on the walls. My parents have pictures of Ryan and I from every year. Reed had none up. His room was clean for the most part. There were a couple of articles of clothing thrown around but nothing that a short pick up wouldn't fix. His bed was in the middle of the room, pushed against the bed across from the door. It was placed under the window. To the left of his bed was the closet that was barely full and to the right was a night stand, further right was a desk. Next to the closet was a dresser. There was nothing hung on the walls and no pictures of anything anywhere. His dirty clothes were piled in one corner next to the bathroom door. I'd been in that bathroom enough times to know what it looked like. He had a shower, a sink and a toilet. Nothing special.

I am distracted from looking around by Reed pulling me towards the bed. He throws his crutch onto the floor and falls onto the bed, pulling me with him. I land on his, causing him to let out a large breath of air.

"Hey," Reed whispers, smiling at me.

"Hey," I whisper back. "Now that we're here, all alone, what do you wanna do?"

"Hmm, I can think of a few things." He smirks at me before rolling me off of him. He opens the drawer of his bedside table and pulls out a condom. He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Hell yeah." I answer his unasked question. "Do you have lube?"

"Of course. You're not going to fight me to top?"

"Hm, not this round. I'm horny." I smirk and pull him on top of me.