Chapter Thirteen

Fraternizing with the Enemy
Chapter Thirteen 
Justice Homer
That Night after JH gets home

            I always forget that the boys spend more time glued to their phones than anything else. I thought going to hang out with them would help distract me. My thoughts had been filled with thoughts about Reed. Turns out it only made things worse. He put his number in my phone and I couldn't stop staring at it. I just wanted to go home and join Reed in his bed. I didn't want to have sex. I just wanted to talk to him.

            And that's what scared me shitless.

            I've always been careful with the girls I've dating. I was a major cuddler and a softie on the inside. If girls knew that, I'd be a goner. I'd lose all cred and the guys would turn on me.

            I've made sure to never stick around after sex, which had given me some sort of rep.

            Reed makes me want to cuddle. He makes me want to stay after we've finished having sex. Hell, I'd done that. Twice. I don't trust the feelings in my gut. It was telling me to stay, to listen to my heart, and other cliché bullshit like that. My brain was telling me to run. And to run far, far away.

            I open the door to the cabin. I walk in to find Reed in the same spot as when I left him. He'd turned on the lamp while I was gone. I walk up behind him to see he was scrolling through social media.

            "Hey," I say softly. He turns his head to look at me.

            "Hey," He turns off his phone and throws it on the bed beside him. He scoots over and pats the bed beside him. "What's up? Why do you look so sad? How was the party?"

            I lay down beside him, ignoring my brain. "The party was awful. They spent the entire night on their phones. They never looked up. And it was dead silent."

            "Hey that should be a good thing. Means you didn't have to fake conversation with them."

            "That's what I wanted. I wanted brainless conversation about the best NFL teams. Something to distract my brain." I confess.

            "Distract? From what?" I groan.

            "From you!" I accuse. "We fucked. Twice. And now I can't determine if that was a good thing or a bad thing. And all I can think about is you!"

            I blush and avoid making eye contact with him.

            "You like me." I glance at him to see him smiling.

            "Shut up. No, I don't." I try to lie.

            "Yes, you do." He leans closer to me. "You wanna hear something crazy?"

            "What?"

            "I devised a plan to ignore you so you'd realize you like me."

            I laugh. "Seriously?" He nods. "What'd you call this plan?"

            "Operation Fuck Justice."

            I burst out laughing. "Oh my god, you didn't!"

            "I did." He nods along, not looking the least bit embarrassed.

            "So, what happened?"

            "You asked if I was mad at you. Then you walked in looking sad and I caved."

            "So, what I'm hearing is you like me too." I smirk at him. I'd kind of jumped to conclusions but I didn't care.

            He leans forward and closes the distance between us. Our lips engage is a slow, sensual kiss.