Chapter Seventeen

Fraternizing with the Enemy
Chapter Seventeen
Justice Homer
Saturday, two days later (6th week)

Saturdays were for the boys. Or rather, only one in my mind. Reed. He was shirtless and working out. It was hot, and I loved it. There was sweat on nearly every part of his body and I was not so subtly staring at him.

"You know, J," Reed says, sending me a smile over his shoulder as he comes up from a sit up. "It's not polite to stare."

"Here hold on." I state, reaching over to grab my phone. I snap a picture of him. "There, much better."

"Justice Homer." Reed says, jumping up. He climbs over the bed to get to me. "Give me that."

"Why?" I whine. "I want to put it as my home screen."

"I haven't dated someone I'm supposed to hate before but I feel like having a picture of them as your home screen isn't a great way of keeping our secret relationship a secret." Reed reasons. I pout.

"But..." He finally reaches me.

"No buts." He grabs the phone and flips it towards him. I pout as I watch him delete the picture. "Plus, you don't need a picture. I'm right here."

"Yeah, but you're not always going to be." I groan.

"You're cute." He shoves my shoulder.

"So are you." I push him back. He catches my hand and pulls me closer to him. Our chests come together, and he leans down and places his lips on mine.

"Mm," I moan as he lets his lips linger on mine. "What do you wanna do tonight?"

"Hmm. I don't know. But we could do this for a little while longer." He smirks against my lips.

I groan.

"We always do that." I whine. "I wanna do something else."

He smiles at me. "Okay, I need you to work with me for a second. Here."

He searches around until he finds one of our shirts.

"I'm going to blind fold you real quick." He says, turning me around so he can tie the shirt over my eyes.

"Are you crazy? No." I exclaim.

"Don't you trust me?" He asks.

"Yeah, I think so. But...What are you going to do?"

"It's something I think you'll enjoy. Now let me blind fold you. I swear it's nothing sexual."

"Fine." I give in.

I let him tie the shirt around my eyes. I was filled with darkness.

"J, I'm going to guide you to the bed, ok?" I nod to him. I feel him grab my arm and he slowly walks me to the bed. I feel it hit the back of my knees. "Ok, sit down now." I do as told.

The air around me moves, so I make the guess that he walked away. I hear him shuffle around for a while before he grabs my hands.

"Alright, J, stand up. Follow me. Just a few steps more." He guides me for a few steps then stops. I don't expect it and bump into him. He chuckles and steadies me. "Alright, sit down. Careful now."

"Can I take the blindfold off yet?" I ask.

"No, not yet." He practically shouts. I lean back on my hands, feeling a soft fabric under them. He shuffles around a little bit more then I hear him sit down. "Ok now you can take it off."

I take the blindfold off and look at Reed before looking around at what he did. He'd put a blanket down and had set out a bunch of snacks.

"It's not much but I didn't have a lot of time. It's our first date well for right now. We can't exactly have a real picnic outside so... Also we didn't have a lot of food-"

"Reed stop talking. It's great, I love it. Kinda fits our relationship. Weird, unique." I chuckle.

He smiles at me. I lean forward and put my hand around the back of us neck, pulling him into a kiss.

"Just a heads up." I say when we break apart. "I suck at first dates."

He laughs. "How can you suck at first dates?"

"When things get awkward, I get awkward. And first dates are always awkward."

"We're not awkward." He observes.

"I think it helps we've lived together for the past, what month and a half?" I state. "It's gotten rid of any residual awkwardness."

"Us having already had sex helps too." He teases.

"Shut up. We're not having sex again anytime soon. At least not until we can get lube." I explain.

"I understand. I'm too big for you to handle." He smiles widely at me.

"You're such a douche bag." I chuckle.

"Here," Reed ignores my comment, handing me a bag of Doritos. "I brought a bunch of chips from home. Packed them in my bag."

"Good thinking. That was the only thing I didn't pack. I packed just about everything else. I'm not kidding. I even packed three bathing suits."

"Um, J, there's no pool."

"I know that! And yet I still packed them. I even told my mom that as I was packing them into my bag."

"Dude," Reed laughs, shifting so he was laying. I follow suit and lay down too. "You packed with your mom?"

"Yeah, we've always packed together. Kind of a tradition. It's always a bad idea though. Both of us are over packers. My dad and Ryan hate it." I chuckle. I missed them. Football camp was the longest time I spent away from my family. I was a complete mama's boy.

"Awe how sweet." Reed answers and shoves a handful of chips into his mouth. "You're a mama's boy, aren't you?"

"Yep." I pop the p and widely smile at him. He rolls his eyes but smiles back.

I munch on the Doritos before Reed reaches over and steals the bag from me. I pout at him and reach to steal it back. He holds it out of my reach and wags his finger in front of my face.

"If you want some it's going to cost you." He smirks, throwing a perfect Dorito into his mouth.

"Cost me what?"

"Hmm, I can think of a few ways."

"Like?"

"Kisses." Reed suggests.

"Nah, too cliché."

"Maybe, back massages."

"Hm, there's no benefit for me in that." I answer. "At least with kisses, I get something out of it."

"I think we're agreeing on kisses, then."

"I think we are."

With that said, I scoot closer to him. His hand goes to my waist and the other holds the bag of chips. I let one arm hold me up and the other go to his neck. With a sly smile, I pull Reeds lips to mine. That's how we spend the rest of the day. Not doing much but enjoying each others company.