Chapter Forty-Seven

Fraternizing with the Enemy
Chapter Forty-Seven
Justice Homer
Direct continuation

I lay my head down on Reed's shoulder and let out a yawn. A crackling of thunder hits and I feel my body tremble. You could hear the rain pelting down on the roof and fuck if I didn't want to run and hide under a blanket because, of course, it would save me. Reed was lying comfortably in my arms and I sigh into his neck as he continues talking about how we got together.

"Atta boy." I glare in Micah's direction at his smirked response.

"So wait, we never heard the rest of how you guys got together." Hayden says.

"Oh, yeah. Well I was on the floor because I fell out of the bed." I say. "And Reed decided it would be a good time for us to start wrestling."

"And one thing led to another and we-"

"We kissed!" I interrupt him. Silent laughter shakes his body and I use my hands that were around his waist to pinch the skin there.

"Just kissed?" Ryan glares at me, daring me to say we did something else.

"Yes, just kissed. That's it."

"You know now that you mention it, you were pissed at me when I came over to hang out that one day at camp. Is it because of this whole shenanigan?" Hayden asks.

"Maybe." I say sheepishly. "Nothing personal."

"Wait so you were cheating on Mindy?" Hayden continues questioning.

"We kissed. Is that really cheating?" I try to fight.

"Doesn't matter, he didn't like her anyways." Reed says. "But to answer your question, yes that is cheating." There was a warning in his tone. Soothingly, I run my thumb up and down on his stomach, hoping that he understands it as me saying that I won't cheat on him.

"Wait a damn moment." Micah calls out suddenly. "The other day when we were getting into the hot tub..." He trails off.

"That was you?" Hayden shouts in surprise.

"Um?" I say sheepishly. "Maybe?"

Micah burst out into laughter. Hayden looks weirded out. Meanwhile, Ryan and Arran just looked confused.

"Care to clue us into what you guys are talking about?" Ryan finally asks.

"No." I drag out, not wanting him to know at all. He was too young.

A louder boom of thunder hits and I shiver, tightening my hold on Reed. His hand goes to my thigh, rubbing soothingly up and down. Sighing, the shivers slowly dissipated.

"So do you guys have any more questions?" I ask. 

"Have y'all fucked yet?" Micah blurts out.

"None of your business. Any other questions?" I ask again, looking around. "No? Then go away for a while."

They all give me incredulous stares.

"What? I wanna have some alone time with Reed. You don't have to leave but just scoot." I roll my eyes at the glare Ryan sent me. They break off into groups to talk. Well, Micah inches Arran away from Ryan and Hayden. He was laying the charm on thick with Arran who was a blushing mess. While Ryan and Hayden weren't really talking. They both looked uncomfortable. Hm, I'd have to talk to them later about it.

Standing up, I grab Reed's hand and pull him up. I walk him away from the others and sit back down, but this time against a bookshelf. He sits down and looks at me, raising an eyebrow.

"So I was thinking." I start out.

"Oh no." He says, looking up at the sky and sighing then looks down at me. "That's never good."