Chapter Nineteen

Fraternizing with the Enemy
Chapter Nineteen
Justice Homer
Same day, end of training

I walk over to where Reed was sitting on the bed. He looked about as pissed as I felt. I was pissed he was hurt. How dare he? How dare he get hurt? I was pissed because a) my boyfriend was injured and b) my enemy was out of commission. I was going to yell at him tonight. He was not getting away with this. 

He could tell I was pissed the second I walked up. I glared down at him. 

"C'mon, asshole." I wrap one of his arms around my shoulder and he uses his crutch to stand up. We begin to walk forward, slowly. 

"J, don't you think this is a little obvious?" Reed asks under his breath. 

"As far as anyone is concerned, I'm helping my roommate back to our cabin." I whisper back. 

We walk past a bunch of my teammates who don't question why I'm helping him but rather opt for sending him pitying looks. I watch out of the corner of my eye as Reed's jaw clenches and he avoids looking at him. 

It took a lot longer than normal for us to get back to our cabin because of this crippled asshole. But once we finally got home, I deposited of him on the bed and pace in front of him. He just stays quiet, watching me. 

"Did the trainer give you anything for the pain?" I finally ask.

"Nah, he's not aloud to but I have Advil in my bag." He answers, leaning back on the bed. 

I stop pacing and look at him. "I've never had an ankle injury. Do you--Do I need to do anything? Can you walk on it?" 

"The only thing you need to do is calm down. I've had an ankle injury before, it's not that bad. I won't really know anything until I have the doctor check it out. It'll be fine as long as I don't have to have surgery." 

I stare at him horrified. 

"No, no, no. J, I know that look. Don't freak out. C'mere." He pats the bed beside him. 

I pout but sit down beside him. Reed reaches over and grabs my hand. 

"I'm fine, babe." 

I bite my tongue to avoid an uncalled for freak out. But it doesn't work. Reed looks at me as though I was crazy as I jump and start to pace again, talking loudly at him. I begin to really start freaking myself out. 

"What do you mean you're 'fine'? Reed Archer you are not fine. And how dare you! How dare you go and get yourself injured. And then say it's not a big deal and that you're fine. Well I'm not fine with it and I'm not even the one injured!" 

"Did you just say 'how dare you?'" Reed laughs. "Like I meant to get hurt. Come here, Justice. You're cute when you're angry." 

He goes to stand up. I run over and tackle him to the bed, forcing him to stay on the bed. 

"Do not stand up, you fucking asshole. You have a broken ankle, dipshit, you cannot be walking around." 

He laughs again, wrapping his arms around his waist, holding me in place. 

"God, you're cute." He forces me to kiss him, not that I minded. "You know, this means you're going to have to take care of me, right?" 

"Ugh, yes." I groan, relaxing on top of him. 

"You know what you can start with?" He asks, rubbing a hand up and down my back. "Getting me a change of clothes." 

I groan. "Fine." I slowly peel myself off of him and walk over to our closet. I send him a smirk over my shoulder. I pull him out an outfit and toss it to him. 

"J, these are all your clothes." Reed observes. 

"Oh? Are they? I didn't notice." I say, feign innocence. I walk back over and sit back down beside him.  

"I've already told you you're not good at being sneaky, Justice." He teases, pulling me to lay beside him. 

"Hm, well you were the one who told me to get you clothes. It's not my fault that I just so happened to only grab you my clothes. Now get to changing. And don't even try to pull the injury card. It is your foot. You can dress yourself, Reed Archer." 

"Awe, J." He complains, giving me puppy dog eyes. I almost cave. "Please?" 

"No." I stand up from the bed. "I'm gonna take a shower. You get changed then take a nap." 

"Yes, sir." He salutes and I walk into the bathroom. 

I turn on the shower and strip. Then I hop in. The hot water soothes my aching muscles. I relax for a second before washing my body. My hand hesitates around my waist but I decide against it. After I finish, and hop out, I let out a curse at my luck. My towel was out there. I hesitate but I don't like to put clothes one when my body is still wet. I open the door and peak out. I could hear Reed snoring from here. I tip toe out of there. The towel was above Reeds ahead. Mentally, I curse my luck again. I lean over him to grab the towel. I let out a noise when I slip on the floor and fall, hard, onto Reed. Reed lets out a groan and slowly opens his eyes. 

"Uh, hey babe." He yawns. "Whatcha doing on me?" 

"Um, my towel was out here." I awkwardly state. 

"Oh, yeah?" He raises a brow. "That means...you're not wearing any clothes." 

His hands slowly find their way to my body. A subtle heat reddens my cheeks as he runs a hand down to my ass. 

"Reed Archer, remove your hand from my ass. I have to get dressed." I say, reaching above him to grab my towel. I stand up and wrap the towel around my waist. He watches me with slightly hooded eyes. Just to spite him, I grab his football hoodie on my way back to the bathroom, sending him a smirk over my should. 

"Justice!" Reed goes to argue. 

I ignore him and continue into the bathroom. I make quick work of drying off and getting dressed. After I pull the hoodie on, I pull the collar of it to my nose and close my eyes. I loved his football hoodie. Even though it was old, it was still soft inside and even though he doesn't wear cologne, it had a scent that was unique to Reed. I walk out of the bathroom to see Reed was sitting up against the wall. 

"Hey, J, your phone was going off. It's somewhere over there." He points towards the bedside table where I'd left it this morning. 

I grab it and plop down beside Reed, scooting closer to him. He looks away from his phone, sending me a smile. I look at the screen. I had multiple texts. Not surprising since I hadn't checked it since this morning. There were six tests from Trish. There were a few other texts but nothing I wanted to answer at the moment. 

Hey Justice, we havent talked in awhile

everything ok? you're not answering

How's camp?

When do you get home again?

I think we need to talk.

Call me.