CHANGE YOUR MIND..

' I don't know why you act like you don't like having your pictures taken.'

' I love it when you take my photo just don't write anything silly under that post.'

Jabari did not reply but instead showed her his post when his was done. He tagged her in it. Which read

" dinner with the only one who matters."

' So poetic.'

Jabari refilled her wine glass just as the waiter brought their meals. Anathi thanked the waiter. Jabari stopped her just as she lifted her fork to her mouth.

' Before you eat, do you need to taste mine first?'

He asked knowing that she liked tasting his food. He hated that she did it when he was in the middle of enjoying his meal. This always caused petty arguments and he did not want anything ruining this date.

' Nah I'm good.'

Jabari shook his head and took a side plate given to them and placed some of his food onto the plate for her for later.

' So your mom wants us back together again.'

' Yeah I know. Why do you think I was happy when you took Ayo to her. She's always on my case for keeping you away this long.'

' She's right though. We've been living separately for a year and we just started having full conversations.'

' Are you saying that I am wrong for kicking you out?'

' No I am just saying that you shouldn't have made the separation this long.'

' So you get to hurt me and decide how long I can hurt?'

' Nathi you know that's what I'm saying. All I'm saying is that-'

' I have to let you come back home because I cannot be mad for this long right?'

She said cutting him off with her folded hands under her breast. She could not understand why she was being judged or blamed for making their separation this long. Like she had no right to be hurt and to want time to heal. As much time as she felt necessary.

' You know what, I'm leaving. Sorry, maybe this was a bad idea.'

Jabari grabbed her wrist when she tried to stand and walk out. He stood up when he noticed that she was in tears and pulled her into his chest to soothe her. They sat back down after she quieted down.

' I want you to understand that I never meant that your pain was not valid. It is and I did you wrong. I'm sorry and I just miss my family and really want to come back home. It might not be today but I would like to know if we are ever getting back together again.'

' You understand that you slept with my cousin who also used to be one of my closest friends. I told you what I had been through before with cheating and you went and did the exact same thing with my cousin of all people.'

' I never meant to intentionally hurt you or cause you so much pain. This is not an excuse but she found me at my moment of weakness. I lost all my inhibitions and I will forever regret the pain I've caused you and both our families. Please give me a chance to right my wrongs and I promise you I'll never hurt you again.'