I REMEMBER....

' I wanted to apologise for doing what I did and going against your wishes with regards to Penelope.'

' It's cool. I'm over it.'

Jabari dismissed her only because he did not want to talk about his mother. He had spent the night in their bed much to her relief but she still felt that he should be more lenient on his mother. Afterall she did not have long to live.

' I am also not changing my mind about her spending time with the kids. You might have given her that joy these past two weeks but it won't happen again and you tell her that.'

' I really think you should talk to-'

' Anathi I meant it. I do not want my children around that woman and I for sure do not want to discuss her with you or anyone. She died a longtime ago. So drop it!'

Anathi lifted her hands in surrender and did not pursue the matter further. He pecked her lips before leaving for work. Her children were already at school and her daughter slept in her nursery. Feeling emotionally drained and exhausted, she had taken the day off from work but instead of staying in bed all day, she did her house work to distress. Her doorbell rang just as she was about to lay down with her daughter.

' So you'd rather go behind your husband's back than confront me about my reason for inviting your cousin over.'

' You invited her knowing that my wounds were still fresh and was not ready to deal with her. Asa needs to stop reporting my business to you.'

' Yes I knew that and I just wanted you to mend this rift between you guys. You used to be so close and best of friends and Asa did not tell me about what you did. My son-in-law told me the day he found.'

' Why are you here?'

' I came to check on you. Asa told me what I happened between you two and that you also suspect that Lala stole Jabari's sperm?'

Anathi sighed letting her mother in. If she was being honest, she missed her mother especially after the argument she had with her husband. She needed her advice but was too proud to talk to her. After making her a cup of tea, she sat down and told her everything that has been happening with her life.

' Okay but what happens when you found out that she did steal his sperm?'

' Well his lawyer says we cannot really do much and he cannot use that fact to get out of paying child support. The child is biologically his and he is obligated to take care of him.'

Her mother handed her her handkerchief when tears involuntarily started running down her plump cheeks. Her mother always a handkerchief in her bag ever since she could remember. Her and her sister used to steal them from her bag because they loved how they smelled.

' I am really sorry baby. I know how hard this must be on you. Finding out your husband has another child out there cannot be easy for any woman. I am also sorry but I really wanted you and Lala to make amends.'

' We have bad blood and we can never mend our relationship.'