THE GREATEST WEAPON...

Jabari sat anxiously in his office waiting on Anathi who had requested a meeting with him at one. It was twelve fifty-five and he could not wait for her to arrive. He wanted to get it over and done with since he did not know why exactly she wanted to meet with him. Especially in his office and what made him more nervous and anxious was that she had requested him to have his lawyer present.

' Are they here yet?'

' No sir.'

His assistant said through the intercom when he asked her for the hundredth time in thirty minutes. His anxiety was getting the better of him. To think he was not an anxious man, he prided himself in being cool calm and collected. He was not even this anxious when he spoke to her father. Scared yes but not anxious.

' They are here sir.'

He quickly stood up and opened the office door for them. They were five minutes late by the time they had set for themselves.

' Husband.'

' Wife.'

' Sorry we're late. It's all my fault. Out if nowhere Ayo became fussy and would not stay with her grandmother.'

' It's okay. I'm sure she was sensing daddy's nervousness and wanted to help him out of whatever is about to happen.'

' Why are you nervous?'

Jabari sighed, his wife was stalling. Trying to make him sweat and it was working but he kept his exterior calm.

' My wife calls for a meeting with our lawyers present?! Any man who is not ready to lose his empire would in their right mind be as nervous as I am now.'

' Jabari you're not about to lose your company so relax.'

' My empire is my family not my company. If I lose my company, I know I can build it back up but losing you guys. I cannot replace that.'

' You sure have a funny way of showing us that.'

Jabari kept quiet since she was right. He loved her and her children but the things he had done lately were not suggestive of that.

' Jabari where is your lawyer. You know it's imperative that she be here.'

' Whatever it is I'm sure I can handle it without her.'

Anathi turned to her lawyer who handed her an envelope. He almost stopped breathing, it was as big as those he had seen being served to people during a divorce in the movies. If Anele thought that he was going to agree to a divorce then she had another thing coming.

' I'm not signing that!'

' You haven't even read it.'

' I do not care to know because if you think I am going to give you a divorce, you have another thing coming.'

' Jay just read the paper and sign it when you're done. Okay?. I'm going to leave it with you so you can read it with understanding.'

Jabari stopped her and she sat back down. With trembling hands he pulled out the papers. It was only two pages and he smiled once he saw what they were.

' Nice to see you're amused.'

' I'm not amused but relieved.'

It was a typed contract agreement for them both. With regards to their marriage going further. It also explained to him that if there was infedility from either side, the marriage would end.