IF YOU GET DEEP...

' So your mother in-law knows this how?'

Asa asked her sister as she sat on her kitchen counter eating ice cream. She was telling her about what she find out about sperm stealing.

' a friend told her.'

' you believed her?'

' No Asa, that's not important though. I called you over to help me figure out how to get the truth out of your cousin.'

' Oh now she's my cousin. You used to be best buddies remember, doing everything together. Always leaving me at home or telling me I was too young when I wanted to do stuff with you. Even fucking the same guy _ I'm sorry.'

Anathi never knew how her friendship with her cousin affected her little sister. Asa was four years younger than her while she and Lala were two years apart and as thick as thieves before Jabari came into the picture.

' I never knew you felt like that Sasa.'

' No don't use that name now. Obviously I was going to be jealous of your friendship. You were my only sister and true friend. We did everything together before she came into our lives and then I had to share you. She always hogged your attention and I could not spend time with you. Even when I really needed you, you were too involved with Lala to care what I was going through.'

' Is that why you started hanging out with Joli and them?'

At age sixteen when she was in college, her sister began experimenting with alcohol and drugs. Anathi recalled how her mother complained that her baby sister was coming home late and sleeping around but she never thought it might be because she needed her.

' Yeah, I was going through stuff and you weren't there for me. Mom did not understand and dad, you know dad all he knew was to give us ass whoppings but he too eventually gave up.'

' I am so sorry I did not have a clue.'

' Well you had your life to live but you eventually came through for me. So we're good.'

' Are you sure?'

' Yes.'

Asa smiled removing herself from their embrace. They sat exchanging ideas on how to catch their cousin till it was time to pick up her children.

' Isn't it late to be picking them up from school?'

' I am getting them from their grandparents house.'

' Which grandparents cause I passed by our parents and Ayo was not with them.'

' You know your mother and I are currently beefing so I took them to their paternal grandparents.'

Asa dramatically drew in her breath

' When you say grandparents, you mean Jabari's father and his mother?'

' Yes.'

' Nana does your husband know that you're helping his mother see her grandchildren, his children?'

Anathi did not reply and Asa knew Jabari was unaware.

' Are you trying to get a divorce?! How can you do that when every one and his mana know that Jabari hates his mother with passion. How did you get the boys to even agree to keeping his from their father?'

' I bribed them. Asa you'll understand when you have kids. I felt bad about her not being able to see them after I saw her interact with Ayo a few days ago so I decided to let her see them.'

' You're dead!'