MOTHER'S LIFE ADVICE...

' So how was the date?'

' Are y'all back to working on your marriage?'

Anathi sighed it was the third day since the date and she really did not need her mother questioning her about a decision that was weighing heavy on her shoulders. It did not help that Jabari was checking on her everyday for the past three days to see if she had come to a decision. Obviously he never asked her out right but she knew what was on his mind.

' The date went well and I have not made a decision yet man. It's just not as simple as you guys think. I am still hurting.'

' What makes you think I think it's simple. Almost every woman has gone through what you're going through.'

' Then why do you act like it's an easy decision to make and I'm being unfair to Jay.'

' I'm not saying that babygirl. All I am saying is that Jabari won't wait forever for you to make a decision. Soon some young thing will catch his eye and he will see no reason to stay faithful since he probably feels you don't want him. Men are just not that patient.'

' Well some young thing or must I say slimmer thing caught his eye. Why is it that we are expected to be understanding, forgiving and patient but they can do whatever they want. They can bed whoever they feel like and we must just swallow our tears and forgive. We both made this vows in front of God and everybody else and we are both supposed to respect and withold them but like in everything, he gets a pass. Well I am sorry but I will not give him a pass.'

' I am also not saying give him a free pass. Otherwise they'll never learn but I am saying that it's time he came home before he does something else stupid.'

Anathi let out a deep breath once again. She wanted her husband back home but she also did not want him to turn around and do the same thing thinking that she will forgive him like that.

' What happens when I forgive him and then he cheats again mma?'

' Then you give him his walking papers.'

' I could just prevent all the pain and tears and just give him his walking papers right now. I just wish I was knew that taking him back won't bite me in the ass one day. After all I never really asked him why he cheated.'

' That's not important right now Nathi. What you can do is move forward and work on healing you and this marriage.'

Her father walked in with her daughter in his arms. Ayo had her tiny head on her grandfather's chest with her index and middle finger in her mouth both woman cooed at the sight.

' You know you used to do that too and would refuse me to remove you from him.'

Anathi was a daddy's girl and had learnt skills considered to be manly because of all the time she spent with her father. Though in her teenage years her mother forced her to learn how to cook.

' Well my daddy still has the best chest. I hear you mom and do want us to get over all this.'