IS MY CONFESSION...

Anathi turned in the opposite direction when the bedroom door was swung open. Jabari had left in the morning to return at two the next morning. She had checked the time when she heard him drive into the garage as she could not sleep. Then he headed into the kitchen to eat. Although she was mad, she was glad that he was safe. Without changing out of his day clothes, he jumped on top of the covers and pulled her towards himself.

' I might have been a little unfair.'

Anathi could smell the alcohol on his breath and wanted to push him off the bed but any slight movement she knew he would go on forever. He loved talking when intoxicated. She lay as still as a statue and let him continue with his drunk confession.

' You know I never meant for this to happen. I know it sounds like an excuse but it's true. She came into the office dressed in those body hugging dresses that show everything. She had been coming to see me at the office and here when you weren't around. Every time she tried to get me to sleep with her. '

She tried not to say anything but he was getting to her.

' Jabari I don't care to know. Please let me rest. I've had a long day.'

' But we should talk about it. The therapist said it's best we are honest with each other.'

' I do not care what the therapist said. I do not want to know the details of you and my cousin's affair.'

Jabari grabbed her tighter when she tried to get off the bed. She was in tears now. Anathi believed that this would be easier to deal with if she did not know the intimate details of their affair. Her cousin had left soon after she found out about the affair and she welcomed it.

' You know ignorance is not bliss.'

' I don't care.'

' Babe I know I hurt you and I am sorry and truth is it was not intentional. I was just selfish and inconsiderate at that moment.'

' Jabari please let me go.'

' No.'

He could hear she was crying and wanted to comfort her but she kept removing his arms around her waist.

' Jabari I need to pee. Please.'

He got off the bed with his hands still around her waist and knelt infront of her. Hating the fact that she was once again crying over him, Anathi covered her face and tried to stop the tears. Jabari was her everything and him cheating hurt her badly. Hence she took time in giving him another chance.

' I am sorry. I truly regret all the pain I've put you through. I'm also sorry for earlier today. I was just projecting. Finding out you were seeing someone hurt. It reminded me of what I did to you. I fear that one day just to get back at me, you'll do me like I did you.'

' I would never. You know I'm not that type of girl. I did not even want to go out with this guy but your mother set me up on a blind -'

' Penelope!!'

Jabari cut her off. Hearing that the woman who birthed him got his wife involved with another man, angered him further.