FORGIVE AND LEARN...

Out of breath and sweating like a pig, Jabari rolled off his wife and pulled her into his chest as they lay side by side in their matrimonial bed. Anathi had called him after her talk with her mother and asked him to come over to talk but it did not happen like that.

' I really don't know how to prove to you how sorry I am and assure you that I will never hurt you in anyway again.'

' Unfortunately it's not that simple. It's going to be a long journey to trusting you again but I can forgive you and ask you to come back home.'

' Are you serious?'

Jabari stopped rubbing her back waiting to hear her answer.

' Yes I am serious. Come back home but know that one little mistake you're out for good. No third or fourth chances.'

' I promise you won't regret giving me this chance and I promise to spend the rest of my days proving to you that you made the right decision. I love you Anathi.'

Jabari lifted her head from his chest when he felt his chest get wet and her sniff. He lay her on his side so that they were face to face and wiped off her tears with his thumbs.

' This is the last time I let your tears fall because of me. I am truly sorry love and I hope I can help you trust in me again. I am confident though that I will. Just know that there was nothing wrong you did or could have done. I was selfish in that moment and I am truly sorry.'

' I hear you and the only assurance I need is for you to back up your words with action. It's all sweet what you're saying but I need you to be about it.'

' I know and I will. I promise. Thank you for allowing me back into our family again.'

He pecked her lips as he got off the bed at six in the morning to shower.

' Care to join me?'

Anathi sat quietly biting the corner of her lip for a minute before she walked with him into the shower.

' Now that's what's up.'

His friends dabbed him when he walked into the bar with a huge grin on his face. They instantly knew what it meant.

' When did this happen?'

His friend Donald asked. They always met up on the last Friday of the month to talk shop and also about their families. Jabari made sure that only his circle was of married mature men ever since the incident. Part of him stepping out on the love of his life was due to ill advice. Then those same people went after his wife when they were separated.

' Last night bro and I have to say I haven't been this relieved and stress free in months. I really thought she was going to leave me.'

' To be honest we thought the same too. I mean you guys were separated for almost over a year. She did not attend any of our couple gatherings anymore.'

His other friend and cousin Solomon said.

' I think she was initially done with me but when she calmed down and as she thought things through, she saw it best to forgive me.'