YOUR BROKEN WINGS...

' Babe don't be like this. Please.'

Jabari looked at his wife with pleading eyes ever since he suggested she drop the this vendetta she had with her cousin, she had been mad and distant. That was a week ago. She had kicked him out of their bedroom and any attempts to talk about the issue or her anger were futile. She either changed the subject or just ignored him completely.

' Jabari don't touch me since you feel I am obsessed.'

' Why can't you understand where I am coming from with this?'

' Because I cannot for the life of me understand why you would want to protect the person who is set on ruining us.'

' I am not protecting her but you. Ever since you found out about this, it's all you've been trying to prove and frankly I am tired of having to listen to you talk about it day in and day out. I am just happy knowing that you know that I did not intentionally impregnate her.'

Anathi kissed her teeth.

' I am starting to think that maybe you did. Why else would you not care that she is suing you for a child you had no intention of making. Unless you had every intention and I am just the gullible wife who believed otherwise.'

' I would never do that to you and you know it.'

' I do not know anything anymore. Except that maybe you still love my cousin.'

' Anathi I have assured you over and over again that I am not inlove with her. Damn! I do not even love her.'

' Then why did you intentionally sleep with her, not once but twice. Twice Jay!'

Prior to his recent affair with Lala, he had slept with her. It was three nights before their wedding and his wife came to find out about it two years into the marriage. Lala blurted it out after an argument they had. Anathi was quick to forgive him then because he claimed he was drunk which was true.

' I am not going to keep going back to that. I fucked up and apologised for that and I am really trying to prove to you that I love you and only you. That I am trying to be a better man for you but you don't seem to see that and you keep throwing my past mistakes in my face.'

' How can I not when your past mistakes keep following us and then you come and tell me to drop this issue!. I am sorry but what do you expect me to think?'

' That I am genuinely concerned about your mental health.'

' That should have been your concern when you slept with her.'

' I am done with this conversation because you refuse to see my side in this. You are stuck on the fact that I cheated.'

' You cheating is why we are even having this conversation that you are done with but I am ready to be done with this marriage.'

He looked at her as if he did not understand what she had just said. He grabbed her by her upper arm when she tried to walk away and spun her around to find that she was in tears. Anathi tried to push him away but he held onto her.