SEEN YOUR SCARS...

Jabari stood starring at the man starring back at him. His hands itched to beat or better yet rip off the skin off from his whole body. How could he be so dumb and so stupid as to get himself in the mess that he was in right now. For a man with a high intelligence quotient he did the most dumbest thing ever. So dumb he did not know how it happened or how he was going to inform the only person that mattered at that moment. Finally gathering up the courage, he inhaled then exhaled and walked away from the bathroom mirror, into the main bedroom.

' Jay?,are you well? You've been in there for over thirty minutes. Was legit about to come in and get you?.'

Anathi sat in their matrimonial bed in her black silky two piece night wear. He got her as a Valentine gift. More for himself than her obviously. He looked at her with admiration as she stood smiling up at him with her arms around his waist. They were picture perfect right now. She stood on her tippy toes and puckered her lips for a kiss. He gently cupped her face with one hand, attached his lips to hers and asked for entrance. The kiss was slow but nasty, the type that said I want to bury myself deep inside of you and leave you a surprise.

' What? What is it?'

Anathi was left hungry for more when he suddenly, without warning let go of her face and lips. They were still standing which was an unusual occurrence for them during such steamy makeouts. She should have been on her knees getting adrenaline pumping backshots by now. Jabari led her towards their bed by her wrist confusing her further. She wondered if he was still punishing her for refusing him two days ago at the family gathering.

' Jay you're acting weird and scaring me. Is everything okay?'

' Babe please let's sit down and talk.'

He watched her jump onto their high bed and smiled before grabbing her chin and kissed her again. Only to stop when she scooted backwards and attempted to lay back on the bed. It was hard for him to be intimate with his wife because of what bothered him. Anathi watched silently and sexually frustrated as he dissapeared into his closet without a word, to emerge with an envelope. It looked official.

' What is this?'

She asked after he silently handed it over to her. Upon inspection she read that it was from the laboratory where his mouth and blood samples were sent for the paternity and also noticed it was open.

' You opened it. Must be relieved to know you're not the father but why the drama you could have just told me that you got them back.'

' Nathi I am the father.'

He spoke with difficulty as tears threatened to spill out. Frustration and confusion and the thought of hurting his love caused the emotions. He was a hundred and one percent positive that he used protection and brand new protection at that.

' Whoa! What?! You're the What?!!'

' The boy is mine.'

' No that's a Monica and Brandy song. Repeat that to me and slower.'

' Anathi I am the father of Lala's baby.'

' No!! You're joking!'