ON HER BEHALF.....

Jabari was woken up by a loud banging on his front door. He gently pushed his wife back when she tried to get up and grabbed his revolver.

' Be careful.'

' I always do and you get back to bed.'

' No fam. I'm staying up incase you need help.'

Jabari shook his head and headed towards the front door with his gun in his hand.

' Who is it!?'

' Terrell.'

Jabari hid his gun behind his back and opened the door for him. They were not close as siblings but he respected that he was his younger brother and they shared his mother even though he did not care much for her.

' It's five in the morning Terrell. What can I help you with?'

' Sorry to come over so early but I need to talk to you about mom. I am flying out of the country when I leave here so I thought I should come talk to you now.'

' I have no business with Penelope.'

Jabari started addressing his mother by her first name when he was sixteen. After no vontact from her for fourteen years. He had stopped crying for her at the age of four after realising that she did not care for him as she never even once came to see him when he dropped him off at his father's doorstep at two years of age.

' She's dying and would like to make amends with you and pops.'

Although he and Terrell had different fathers, he considered Jabari's father as his own since he was more of a father figure than is own father was since the age of sixteen. This was not the first time his father and his mother got back together, they had an affair when he was sixteen and that's when the brothers found out about each other and his father mentored Terrell. His mother broke off the affair to work on her relationship and Jabari knew that his father was hurt. For some reason Penelope was the only woman who had his heart.

' How sure are you of this?'

Jabari did not trust his mother and he was not going to be fooled by her lies.

' I was with her when they diagnosed her with cancer again. I know she was not the best mother to you but I think you should give her the chance to try and right her wrongs or atleast let her have a relationship with her grandkids since she won't be alive to meet mine. Forgive her.'

'Terrell you need to stop being so damn naive. Your mother abandoned me because your father was not ready to be a father to another man's child. She chose dick and money over her own son. I don't care to have any sort of relationship with her and my children sure damn won't have one.'

Terrell shook his head. He knew they had bad history but since he was willing to forgive his father for his past mistakes, he thought his brother might be willing to do that for their mother.

' Ha a safe trip.'

Anathi walked into the living room after wondering what was happening. Grabbed her husband by his hand and rubbed it to calm him as she could sense his anger. Only his mother could affect his mood.