DRY YOUR EYES...

Jabari poured himself the strongest alcohol beverage he had in his house as soon as he walked in. After his conversation with his mother he drove around trying to calm himself because he did not want to bring that negative energy into his home. His wife and children did not need to be affected by what had transpired earlier. Knowing that Anathi kept food for him, he took a container and took out the food from the microwave and poured it into the container, since he had no appetite.

' Hey. '

He greeted her without with a sombre tone in his voice. Anathi looked up from her cellphone to him standing in their living room entrance. He had informed her earlier that he would be home late and she had waited up for him only to fall asleep on the couch. She had just woken up and was about to call him.

' I thought I told you not to wait up.'

' You had me worried and thought I should wait up but fell asleep. When did you come in?'

' Not too long ago.'

' Well let me warm your-'

' Nah! I don't have much of an appetite. I kept it in the fridge. I'm just going to shower then come join you.'

He did not wait for her to say anything as he headed upstairs to the main bedroom.

' Babe what's wrong?'

Hoping that they would talk about why he came home late and was unreachable for sometime, Anathi was surprised by him laying on the couch after his shower. He buried He is face in between her thick thighs and sighed. Something was deeply troubling him causing her to be concerned for him. Jay was the type to bottle up his feelings because he felt no one cared. Anathi was slowly teaching him how to talk to about his feelings. Especially with her.

' Jay?'

' I hate her! I hate her! I hate her!'

He repeated without removing his head but instead buried deeper. Growing up with a father and no female except for the occasional concubine his father brought home, there was no one to teach him to feel. His father always told him to suck it up and be a man.

' She's so fucking selfish!'

' Okay calm down and explain to me why you're home late and who it is that you hate?'

He had not informed her of his scheduled meeting with his mother, hence she was confused. Jabari buried his head deeper into her thighs when she tried to lift her head up and look at him. Being that she knew he was crying when he did that, she rubbed his back back and forth to soothe him. It was what his sons also did when crying out of frustration.

' By the state you're in, I'm guessing Penelope is who you're talking about.' I don't know what she did but I am here for you and I will never leave you.'

Due to his non-existent relationship with his mother, Jabari had abandonment issues. Anathi had come to know this when they were dating and had their first argument which led him to distance himself from her because he believed she would leave him. He did not say anything back but soon she heard him snoring lightly.