BEYOND YOUR DARKNESS...

Jabari was woken up by Anathi cuddling into his side. He opened his eye slightly, still lucid from sleep and saw his wife on his chest. She must have come home while he was asleep he thought. The anger he had from earlier due to her not returning like she had promised she would, two nights ago, subsided. He was just happy to have her back in their bed by his side.

'I am truly sorry.'

He said with a kiss to her forehead and her lips then pulled her into him to spoon before he went back to sleep. His morning alarm sounded just as he grunted and spilled himself into her. She had woken him up by riding his morning wood and he could have not been happier.

' Does this mean I'm forgiven?'

' No it means I'm horny and I am willing to work on this marriage but anymore secrets or lies, I am filing for divorce without a second thought.'

' No more lies or secrets I promise. Where have you been?'

' At a friends.'

' Who? Luther?'

' Luther ain't a friend and even if it was him. You have no right to be mad.'

Jabari watched her as she got out of bed and walk into their bathroom before he grabbed her phone from the side table and go through it.

' Found what you're looking for?'

He lifted his head to find her standing with her toothbrush in her mouth watching him. Since she could remember he always went through her phone and personal belongings for whatever reason. She on the other hand never touched his phone and she hated this side of Jabari but had learnt to live with it. It wasn't necessarily a deal breaker for her and she did not have anything to hide.

' I'm sorry.'

' Don't be,used to it. I was just looking for toothpaste, we're out.'

She said heading downstairs to the pantry where they kept extra groceries. He had put her phone away when she walked back in and was talking to someone on his phone , visibly agitated. He threw his phone into his bed and passed her into the bathroom slamming the door. To come out thirty minutes much calmer but Anathi was already in the kitchen feeding her children.

' Your breakfast is in the microwave.'

' Sorry I can't. I've got to meet with pops in the office in like ten minutes.'

He kissed his daughter and her on the forehead before fist bumping his sons then left for the office. The mood he was in earlier told her that his father wanted to discuss his mother. After breastfeeding her daughter she placed her in her car seat and helped her sons with their backpacks before locking up and driving them off to school.

' Hey lovebirds.'

She cheerfully greeted her parents who sat in their living room couch cuddled up. Since she could remember she always wanted to be as happily married as her parents were. She wanted a husband like her father in every way and Jabari was like him in his looks, body, his walk and the way he showed affection. Even his humanitarian side but he just was not as faithful and honest as she knew her daddy to be. No other man like him existed she thought.