A MOTHER'S LOVE...

Jabari checked the time on his computer to find that only two minutes were left before the deadline he had set. Another minute passed and she still had to show and he rejoiced since he really did not want to meet with her. His joy was short-lived when she walked in exactly at two thirty. His assistant informed him of her arrival and he wanted to tell tell her to chase her away but then again she was right on time and he had promised his father. Anything for his father.

' Thank you for agreeing to seeing me and I am really sorry I'm late but I had treatment which ran -'

' Yeah I don't need to hear about all that. I have to go home to my family. You have thirty minutes to say what you want to say.'

' Oh _ okay.'

Jabari raised her eyebrow at her wondering if she would say anything after she suddenly became quiet. He checked his watch after he was tired of watching her struggle to speak. They had been starring at each other for five minutes. He sighed and pulled his car keys and phones out of his desk drawer and placed his laptop in the laptop bag.

' You have twenty-five minutes.'

' I don't know where to start.'

' Then why did you ask to meet with me? Penelope if you weren't aware, I'm a busy man with a family and don't have time for your tricks. '

' I'm not here to trick you. I just wanted to apologise for my past mistakes. For abandoning you all those years ago. I was wrong but you have to under-'

Jabari stood up grabbing his things angrily and marched towards the exit, leaving her seated with a confused expression. He turned holding the door open.

' Get out!'

' What why? My time isn't done yet.'

' After the shit you just said. You shouldn't have even come in the first place.'

' Jay-jay son -'

She jumped from fright when he slammed the door shut,slowly walked up to her and stood infront of her. He had to look down at her because he was taller.

' Don't you ever call me that' You lost the privilege to call me that when you left me on my father's doorstep and sacrificed me for a man. No real mother would throw their child away. You were supposed to dump him for me not me for him. A real mother would give their life and last breath for their child but not you. Then you come in here pretending to be sorry . '

' I'm not pretending. I am honestly sorry -'

' An apology followed by a but, ain't a fucken apology! You're not sorry you just trying to die with a clear conscious. I'm not giving you that. I hope what you did torments so much that even when your time comes, you cannot leave because of me. I want you to suffer to get my apology which you'll never get.'

' Your father and brother have forgiven me though.'

' I don't give a fuck! You abandoned me not them and tell dad not to come see me in your behalf again because this bullshit.'

Penelope starred at him hoping he would change his mind but he only held the door wide open for her.