MEET DIAMOND💎

DIAMOND POV.

I'm Diamond Wilson

I'm Diamond Wilson. I'm 21 years old and I'm a Junior in College majoring in Nursing. Growing up I was spoiled but that all stopped when my mom died last year. She died in a car crash, she was also carrying my soon-to-be baby brother. My dad has been the most depressed out of us both so he hasn't  been working and tuition has not been getting paid. So, to pay I've been stripping. In the club I'm Crystal. Not only do I do it for tuition but I do it for my dad to get things paid around the house when needed. He doesn't know what I do, he doesn't really ask because he's never sober enough to think to ask. Nobody knows I work at the strip club. I don't have close friends because every girl I meet ends up folding on me. I do have associates though. Just people I talk to every now and then. But anyways here's my story.

—————

I live off campus, and I have my own apartment.

I got in my car, rushing to my first class of the day. I drove a Hyundai Sonata. I got home later than usual so I was up from 3 hours of sleep. When I got to campus I stopped by Starbucks and sped walked to my first class, which I was late for. When I walked in everybody looked at me until I sat down.

"Care to explain to me why you keep interrupting my class, Miss. Wilson?", the professor said.

"Sorry Dr. Crawford", I said with a fake smile. "It will not happen again"

Professor Crawford gave me a look I hated and continued teaching as she turned her back toward the class.

I rolled my eyes and opened my notebook. I felt somebody looking at me from across the room so looked at them and he looked at the professor before we could make eye contact. He was brown skin, had waves, a goatee, and was dressed down in some sweats. I've always seen him before, especially at parties. The girls are always over him, except for me. He seemed like the type of dude who loved attention and that was never my cup of tea.

—————

"Okay make sure you read chapters 2 and 4 before class Monday", Dr. Crawford said dismissing the class.

I got my stuff together into my book bag and walked out of class. As I was walking I was stopped by somebody I knew named Alex. He was dark-skinned and had dreads. He played on the football team and never did his work.

"Ay Diamond. You tryna help a brother out with Psychology?", he asked.

"No", I said.

"Why you gotta be like that?", he asked with his arms out.

"Because you're in college. Time to use your brain", I said pointing to mine.

"Imma be in the NFL", he said.

"You gonna be a dropout if you don't start doing your own work", I said walking past him.

As I was walking away I saw the guy in class looking at me while he was with some girl. She didn't seem too happy of that fact either. I shake my head as I look away and walk into the library.