Chapter 28

The next day Diamond went to her clinicals and then went to work.

"Here are your meals", Diamond said as she put the plates on the table. "Be careful. The plates are hot"

"Thank you", they said.

"Enjoy", Diamond said as she walked.

"At it's pay day", one girl said to another.

Diamond went to the corner and pulled out her phone to look at the time. It was 30 minutes after the pay checks hit. She went to her bank app and looked at her account. Her money was running low due to all the fees she had to pay for school. The waitress job wasn't helping what do every.

Diamond started to think and during her thoughts she hears her manager.

"Diamond", he said.

Diamond puts her phone in her pocket and turned around.

"Are you on break?", he asked.

"I will be in five minutes", she said:

"Well five minutes ain't here yet", he said. "Get to work"

Diamond nodded.

He walked away.

Diamond rolled her eyes.

Five minutes later came and Diamond sat at one of the tables and was on her phone.

Suddenly Kelly calls her.

Diamond answers. "Hello?", she said.

"Hey you off?", Kelly asked.

"No I'm on break", Diamond said.

"How's work going?", Kelly asked.

"Good. But they don't pay me worth a damn and these people don't tip", Diamond said.

"I told you we running short on people we could use the infamous crystal", Kelly said.

"Yea will Kendrick wouldn't like that?", Diamond said.

"Is kendrick playing your bills?? No he's paying another bitches bill for a baby that ain't even his", Kelly said.

Diamond sighs.

"You gotta finish college out and become the nurse that you wanna be. But you can't do that if you can't pay for school", Kelly said.

"I'm just going to find another job", Diamond said.

"But will you get the hours you need while you're in school?", Kelly asked. "And how much would you get an hour?"

Kelsey walked into the restaurant and Diamond didn't notice her yet.

"I never wanted to strip in the first place", Diamond whispered.

"Neither did I but a girl gotta do what she gotta do to get where she wanna be", Kelly said.

Diamond was quiet.

"It's just what? Six months? You hide it from him before you can hide it again if thats a problem", Kelly said.

"I can't do that again", Diamond said.

"Okay diamond. Your choice. I was just trying to help", she said.

"Yea...I know", Diamond said as she looked up and saw Kelsey walking toward her. "But let me call you back"

"Okay", Kelly said.

Diamond hung up and Kelsey came up to her. "Hey girl", Kelsey said.

"Hey", Diamond said as she smiled. "What brings you here?"