Chapter 49

"Diamond you can not be serious right now! You're taking him back??", Vanessa questioned.

Diamond shrugs her shoulders. "Vanessa this is my life okay. I get it you wanna look out for me but I didn't ask for your advice", she said.

Diamond went to Vanessa's house after leaving Kendrick's.

"But Diamond don't you see it? He is manipulating you. If he wanted to shoot Kendrick he wouldn't have told you. He knew if he said something to you that you'd try to stop him and do whatever he say", Vanessa said.

Diamond hits the table. "I didn't have a chance to take!", diamond shouted. "He wasn't in his right mind"

Vanessa shakes her head. "So you'd rather sacrifice your happiness than to take chance?"

"A chance at somebody getting killed Nessa??", Diamond question. "Not even just somebody... the first guy I feel in love with. I am still no over him Vanessa"

"Well Diamond as of right now, that's how he sees it", Vanessa said.

Diamond didn't say anything.

"But if that's how you want it, so be it", Vanessa said. "But if you don't make up your mind now then ... it may not be a next time"

"Maybe your right", Diamond said. "But I guess unfortunately, I rather be just coworkers with Kendrick rather than see him die"

Vanessa sighed. "Your life... not mine right?", she said.

Diamond looked down for a moment then at Vanessa. "Yes... my life", Diamond said.

Vanessa nods.

Diamond walked out of the kitchen. "Come on Ayanna", Diamond said.

Ayanna got up and followed Diamond outside.

—————————————-

A couple of days later Diamond was back at work. She tired to call Kendrick a few times but he never picked up. She saw him while they were at work and walked up to him.

"Hey, Ken I was-"

"Dr. Mills", Kendrick said correcting her.

Diamond was silent. Usually Kendrick was always joking and happy or at least acted like he was but today he was serious. He was pissed.

"That's what you address me as. Nothing else", Kendrick said.

"I'm sorry about.. what happened the other day", she said.

"Sorry about what? It's my fault to ever trust that you would actually leave him", Kendrick said.

"Kendrick it was either I stay or he was going to-"

Kendrick cut her off. "No Diamond. He shouldn't have to give you the ultimatum in if you don't feel the same about him or not", he said.

"I had no choice", she said. "If I could, I would've chose you in a heartbeat"

"Well you should've thought of that from the get go instead of leaving me from the start", he whispered so nobody else could hear.

Diamond starred at him. She saw all the hurt and anger in his eyes. She felt bad.

"Kendrick, I'm sorry", Diamond said.

"Me too", he said. "The only reason I even worked on this unit was because of you and I made a mistake"

"How did you know I worked here?", she asked.

"..Vanessa. She didn't tell me you were married, had a kid, none of that. If I knew it I wouldn't have even came", he said.