Chapter 6

Diamond walking to class on her phone, listening to music. Suddenly somebody bumps into and her phone gets knocks out of her hand. Diamond stops it from hitting the ground hard by saving it with her foot. She picked her phone up and looked at the person.

"Aww I hope it isn't cracked", said Kennedy sarcastically.

"What the fuck is your problem", asked Diamond.

"You are", said Kennedy. "Lately I realized Ken hasn't been spending much time with me. Now I see why, because of you"

"Much time?", Diamond thought to herself.

"I think it's time you stop talking to him. Or hurry up and get done with that project or whatever he talks about", she said.

"I'm not about to argue with you over a dude. You want him? Have him", Diamond said.

"Oh you're that weak?", asked Kennedy.

"Babygirl I'm not weak. I'm just not stupid enough argue with somebody so irrelevant", said Diamond. "If I wanted to entertain you baby I will not be talking. Best believe that"

"Mmm. You wouldn't touch me", said Kennedy.

"Don't bet on it", said Diamond before she walk away to get to class.

—————————

After class Diamond notices a text from Kendrick and she ignores it. She begins to walk to the student center to get a bite to eat from chic fil a, until she sees Kendrick walking up to her.

"Where you going?", asked Kendrick. "We were suppose to meet outside your class remember?"

"Change of plans", said Diamond. "We aren't going to eat lunch together. Dinner together. Or even be together"

Kendrick makes a face. "Diamond if this is about last night-", he started to say but Diamond interrupted him.

"Nah.. this is about you still fooling around with these girls. Kendrick I get it, we aren't official. But if imma talk to somebody, I need to know I'm their only focus. I need to know there are no distractions. Especially before I catch feelings", she said.

"What girls?", Kendrick asked.

"Kennedy. And don't tell me she's lying, because I know she isn't", Diamond said. "It's probably more than her too"

"Nah. I ain't talk to Kennedy in weeks", Kendrick said.

"Kendrick I don't care. I don't have time for the drama either. Don't argue with me. This isn't going to work Kendrick. It's probably many girls out there for you but I'm not it", Diamond said before she walked away.

Kendrick just stood there.

Dante walked over. "You good?", he asked him.

"I don't know", Kendrick said. "... never mind, yea I'm good", Kendrick said with a smile.

"oh okay", Dante said.

———————————-

The next day in class Diamond was late as usually.

Kendrick watched her walk to her seat.

Diamond looked at him and he waved. She ignored him and looked at the teacher. Kendrick made a face and sat back.

After class Kendrick and Diamond went their separate ways.

"What's up with you and Diamond?", Dante's asked.

"We ain't talking", Kendrick said.

"What? I won the bet?", Dante asked.

"It ain't been a month yet .. but I ain't about to chase after no girl man so I guess you did", Kendrick said.