Chapter 57

A few hours later, they arrived to Kendrick's new house. Ayanna was asleep so Kendrick carried her into the house and into his room where Diamond and Ayanna were going to sleep until he got back.

"You guys sleep in this bed until I get back. I'll get her a bed to sleep in by the time I get back up here. I don't have security set up yet but I think they'll be here tomorrow or the day after", Kendrick said.

"Okay", Diamond said.

"And let me know when you'll get the abortion so I can watch Ayanna", Kendrick said.

"About that...", Diamond said as she pulled him out of the room and stopped in the hall.

"What?", he asked.

"Earlier... you asked me if I was sure I wanted to get the abortion... why?", she asked.

"It was just a question", Kendrick said.

"...are you sure?", she asked.

Kendrick looked like he had something he wanted to say but played it off and nods. "Yes", he said.

"Is something on your mind?", she asked.

"It's just like... that day in Dr. Crawford's class I don't know what made me look at you and why I couldn't stop because it wasn't my first time seeing you. The fine girl that was always late"

The both chuckled a little.

Kendrick smiles. "But um.. then we began to talk and at first my intentions weren't good I must admit but... I began to fall in love with you then we broke up for the last time and I felt empty. 7 years later I was in residency and I saw Vanessa, your name came up and I found out where you worked and a year later I see you... as beautiful as ever", he said before he looked down. "Then I found out you were married to that guy and you had a kid... felt like that was supposed to be us"

Kendrick look up at her.

Diamond looked away.

"I was down for a while. I was kinda sad but... then I began to realize what if God brought me back to you for a reason? Or if he brought you to me for a reason?", he said. "And what if what's growing inside of you right now isn't even his. What if it's mine? What if it's just God putting things in its place to be the way things should be?"

Diamond looked at him.

"We had sex now to long away Diamond", Kendrick said.

"Kendrick...I- I don't know", Diamond said.

Kendrick looked down.

"I don't wanna take any chances", Diamond said.

"Take any chances? Diamond no matter the father, it's your child regardless", he said.

"What happened to agreeing with the abortion?", Diamond asked. "Sounds like you want me to back out now?"

"I'm not saying to back out...I'm just saying that... you took one kid away from me already. I don't wanna loose another", he said.

Diamond looked down.

"You have every right to get an abortion and I don't have any say so especially because I don't know if it's mine for sure but I just want you to think about", he said.

Diamond clears her throat because she felt herself beginning to cry.

"I gotta go before I get too tired. I don't wanna fall asleep on the road", he said.

"...stay", she said.

"Diamond I-"

Diamond cuts him off. "You almost fell asleep on the road coming up here. Stay", she said.

"Diamond I'll make it trust me", he said.

Diamonds nods. "If you say so", she said with a fake smile.

"I'll see you in a couple of days", he said.

"A couple?", Diamond asked.

"Yes. You'll be fine", he said.

"Baby, I'm always fine", she said jokingly.

Kendrick smiles. "Finally a joke", he said. "Even if it was corny"

"Hey, your jokes are corny too...but you always try to me laugh when I'm feeling down so why not do the same for you", Diamond said.

Kendrick smiles.

Diamond puts her hands on his cheeks and tilts his head down and stands on her tippy toes and kisses his forehead, then tilts his head back to look at her. "Drive safe", she said.

"Of course", Kendrick said.

Diamond let go of his face. "I'll walk you down outside", she said.

"I don't need you to", Kendrick said.

"But I'm going to", Diamond said as she began to walk. "Come on"

Her and Kendrick walked downstairs and outside to his car.

"Goodnight", Diamond said.

"Goodnight", Kendrick replied.

Diamond stood there as she waited for him to get in car but he didn't. He just starred at her.

"What?", Diamond asked.

"...I was with Kennedy for a year. I lied about it and I'm sorry...not to just you but the both of you", he said. "That's the only thing I lied about"

Diamond looked down.

"I just wanted to say that", he said as he opened his car door. "Goodnight"

"Goodnight", she said as she walked to the door.

Kendrick got in his car and drove away.

Diamond walked into the house.

TO BE CONTINUED....