Chapter 70

The next morning, Diamond woke up and had 20 missed calls and text messages from Kendrick. She started to call him back but put her phone back down instead. She didn't even read the messages.

She got out the bed and went into the living room and saw a dozen roses and a gift bag. When she saw that, she assumed that it was from Kendrick. She never gave him a spare key but she remembered that he borrowed Vanessa's key once and surprised Diamond with a gift when she woke up. Just like now.

"I really have to get my key from Vanessa", Diamond said to herself.

Diamond walked to the roses and looked at them. Then, she peaked into the bag and saw something blue. She knew what it was because she remembered showing it to him one day.

Diamond sat on the couch for a moment, until she heard her phone ring. She got up and went to her room and saw that Vanessa was calling.

Diamond picked up her phone and answered it. "Thanks for giving Kendrick my key again", Diamond said.

"Yea because you blew things out of portion", Vanessa said.

"He lied. He of all people should understand how that feels to me", Diamond said.

"...okay you have a point", Vanessa said. "But do you even know the reason? He said you didn't hear him out"

"No... because he should've just told me from the get go", Diamond said.

"Okay", Vanessa said.

"... but do you know?", Diamond asked.

"That girl, wanted money from Kendrick for a reason she wouldn't even tell him him even after he told her once she left to never call him again", Vanessa said. "He would've told you from the get go but he didn't feel like it was a need to because he was handling it. You have enough on your plate. He didn't want you to stress about it"

"What's to stress about that?", she asked. "That's why I feel like it more to that"

"And the only way you'll know is if you talk to him", Vanessa said.

"So him to be like Brian and tell me the same lie?", Diamond asked. "Kendrick cheated on me before, he just cheated on Kennedy with me and now...Vanessa I don't wanna be lied to again. I'm tired of the lies. He thinks he just buy is way back into me forgiving him but it doesn't work"

"...listen, I'm on your side with anything you do or decide to do. But before you assume just talk to him...you can't let one man or a man's past dictate how you think about them. You can push a good man away for no reason do that and Kendrick has been a good man to you", Vanessa said. "Even in college after yours and his rocky start, he was good to you. He always had you smiling"

Diamond was quiet for moment. "How's Ayanna?", Diamond asked.

"She's good", Vanessa said. "She's asleep right now"

"Well.. when she wakes up, let me talk to her", Diamond said.

"Will do", Vanessa said.

"Talk to you later", Diamond said. "Bye"

"Bye", Vanessa replied.

Diamond hung up and looked at the gift bag. She sat down and went to the bag and pulled out a blue dress. Her and Kendrick were in the mall one day and she saw it. She mentioned it to Kendrick that she loved it, but he acted like he wasn't paying any attention, but he was.

Diamond laid the dress on the couch and looked at her phone to read the messages he sent. All them were talking about how sorry he was.

Diamond sighed and went upstairs to get ready for the day.

——————————————-

After getting dressed and talking to Ayanna on the phone, Diamond decided to visit Kendrick at work with some lunch.

As she walked to his office, she saw Payton coming out.

"Hey, how are you?", Payton asked with a smile.

"Good, how are you?", Diamond asked with a smile.

"...you look familiar. Do I know you?", Payton asked. 

"I don't know", Diamond said.

Kendrick came out of his office because he heard Diamond and Payton's voices.

Kendrick smiled when he saw Diamond. "Hey", he said.

"Hey", Diamond said with a slight smile.

Payton looked at the two of them. "Ahh you must the girlfriend", she said with a smile. "You're a lucky woman"

Diamond looked at Payton and nodded.

Payton looked at Kendrick and walked away.

Diamond looked back at Payton and then at Kendrick.

"She kinda like me, but I already told her about you. I even put a picture in my office today if you so she'd be reminded", Kendrick said. "But what brings you here?"

Diamond calm down and holds up the bag of food. "Peace offering", she said with a smile. "I made it myself, but I just put it in this Red Robin bag and these Red Robin to go boxes"

Kendrick chuckles. "One of my numbers I see?", he asked.

Diamond smiled and looked down. "Sorry", she said as she looked at him and stopped smiling. "Sorry for embarrassing you at the restaurant last night and not even listening to you"

"I should've told you. I just didn't think it was anything to tell and then you started to have a lot on your plate so I just kept it to myself because it was my problem", he said.

Diamond nods.

"Come on my office", Kendrick said.

Diamond followed Kendrick into the office and looked at the picture of her.

"Ugh. I hate that picture", she mumbled.

"What? It's my favorite one", he said.

Diamond sat down in a chair and place the bag on his desk. "...you think she's cute?", she asked.

"You want me to lie?", he asked.

Diamond didn't say anything.

"Yea, she's pretty but it doesn't matter because I have the most beautiful woman to myself everyday and she got me to herself day. I don't care about any other woman out here because none of them are you", Kendrick said. "And I mean that. I lost you once...I'm not doing it again"

Diamond looked at him.

Kendrick pull a chair out and sat in front of her. "I love you Diamond", he said as he held her hands.

Diamond looked him in his eyes. "...I love you too", she said.

Kendrick leaned in and started kissing her and Diamond began kissing back.

TO BE CONTINUED....