Chapter 35

The next day Diamond was at work doing the things that she normally does. Diamond was talking to one of the other nurses as they walked.

"Okay I think I may be able to take your night shift next week. I'll have to see", Diamond said.

"Okay, thank you", the nurse said.

Diamond nods and they part ways. Diamond goes to the nursing station and Kendrick walks.

"Hey, Mrs....", Kendrick looks at her badge. "Wilson-Sanders"

Diamond looks at where he was looking.

"I was looking at your badge. I didnt know his last last name", he said.

Diamond looks at him. "Oh", she said. "But what's up?", she asked.

"You called me", he said.

"You know you could've called back?", she said.

"Yea I know but I had to get up and move anyways. Besides I like face to face interaction", he said.

Diamond nods. "I bet", she said. "But I was questioning your prescription. I don't think that the patient should have this type of IV due to his vital signs especially his blood pressure"

"Care to elaborate?", he asked.

Diamond explained it to him and gave him another suggestion.

"Okay, I'll get a prescription in now", he said.

"Thank you Dr. Mills", she said.

Kendrick leans over the counter. "Can I ask you something?", he asked.

"Long as its professional", she said.

"....never mind", he said as he stood up straight

Diamond looks at him. "What Ken?", she asked.

"Nothing. Imma get back to work", he said.

Diamond just looked at him.

"Have a good day", he said before he walked away.

Diamond started to wonder what he was going to say. Suddenly, her supervisor comes.

"You have to more patients admitted", she said. "On in room 233 and the other in 235"

"Okay I'll get right to that", Diamond said.

Diamond got up and went to assess her patients.

———————————

Diamond had got off of work and went to Kelly's house.

"Where's Ayanna?", Diamond asked.

"In my room. What's up with Brian trying to get me to get this high ass security system?", Kelly asked.

"When was this?", Diamond asked.

"Today. Said if I don't then Ayanna can't come here after daycare but my thing is where else she gone go if I don't", Kelly said.

"That's a good question. I know that yesterday morning he usually sleeps but he didn't. Only for like five minutes", Diamond said. "I think something happened at work"

"He's been there for eight years, he done seen most of what he can see", Kelly said. "Maybe it's something else"

"I'll probably ask him...again", Diamond said.

"Dang he don't even wanna tell you?", Kelly asked. "Must be something serious"

Diamond sighed.

"But who was work?", Kelly asked.