Chapter 60

That night, Diamond walked into the room where Kendrick was laying in the bed. He had brought a small bed for Ayanna earlier so she was going to be sleeping there.

"What's up?", he asked.

"I was looking for a house and boy let me tell you they aren't cheap around here... um... I wanted advice on if I could settle for an apartment instead", she said.

"It's what you think it best for you.. getting a job first wouldn't hurt", he said.

"I've been a few applications", she said. "NICU, PICU, and a doctor's office"

Kendrick nods.

"Apartment or house?", she asked.

"...house", he said. "Don't have to worry about noise next to you or above you"

"That is true", she said as she went on her phone.

"Where you sleeping tonight?", he asked.

"Oh the floor in Ayanna's room", she said.

"Why?", Kendrick asked.

"Because this morning I kind of woke up and she was gone", she said.

"And that reason being Brian came in", he said.

"No. That reason being you didn't have a alarm system", Diamond replied.

"Now I have one", he said. "She'll be fine. This is one of the most safest neighborhoods after here"

"So where are you suggesting I sleep, Kendrick?", Diamond asked.

"How about in a comfortable bed. Mine maybe", he said.

Diamond sighed. "Fine", she said.

"Nah, you know the couch isn't comfortable", he said.

"Right about that", she said.

"Come on", he said as he patted the spot next to him.

Diamond walked to her side of the bed and sat against the pillows and looked at him.

Kendrick looked at her.

"I think your mom is going to this I'm crazy", she said with a chuckle.

"Why do you say that?", Kendrick asked.

"Because I'm about to ask her to do my divorce once again", Diamond said.

"Well at least this time it's for real", Kendrick said. "And you already have what you want together"

Diamond nods. "...do you think I should still do full custody?", she asked.

"Not my decision to make Diamond", Kendrick replied.

Diamond looks down.

"Ya know most girls when they get out of a bad relationship they feel free and happy... you on the other hand don't seem like it", Kendrick said.

"Because... I was just thinking about how he lied to me all these years. Our connection didn't happen because of the natural flow of things, he happened because he made it happen", Diamond said.

"So you don't love him?", Kendrick asked.

"I do..but don't. It's complicated", Diamond said. "Well...I don't know if the loved actually him or what he perceived to be...I'm so stupid"

"Diamond no you aren't", Kendrick said.

"I am... you told me not to trust him. I couldn't understand why you'd get so mad about him because you were always so chill about things but now I see why",  she said. "You saw it but i didn't. Just like I didn't see the things with Kelsey and Kelly coming.. they just came and I was too stupid to notice"

"No they were too stupid not to actually be true to you", Kendrick said. "They didn't realize a good friend, when they had one...but what did Kelly do?"

"She made me realize that Brian had a side to that I didn't wanna spend the rest of my with", she said. "He was already an abuser at times and well cheater just topped the cake"

"...she slept with him?", Kendrick asked.

Diamond nods.

"I ain't like her either", Kendrick said.

"You didn't like her because she was never on your side when you did the wrong stuff", she said.

"You might be right", Kendrick said

Diamond chuckled a little.

"But don't beat yourself down about all of this alright? You are too beautiful", he said.

"I don't feel like it", she said.

"Well you are and guy would and should be lucky to have you and cherish you in every moment. I- I should've tired harder to get you back, I feel as if things would've been different", he said. "Things should've been different"

"Well...I guess you can show me what things should've been like", she said. "Just not now...I'm not ready for another relationship"

Kendrick nods.

Diamond looks at him. "How would've known... Kendrick Mills, college basketball player, and a playa may I add be so fond of just one girl", she said.

Kendrick chuckles. "Hey, it's always that one that ends a playa's, playa card", he said.

Diamond chuckles. "This is why I fell in love you with you and couldn't get over you... you make me happy. You give me this feeling I have never felt before", she said

"I could say the same about you and more", he said .

Diamond smiles.

Kendrick grabs her hand and kisses it.

"I need to go put Ayanna to bed", Diamond said.

"Did you ever find out what her beef with me was?", Kendrick asked.

Diamond shakes her head. " I don't know. She won't say or can't say. Listen she's only 3 years old, she gets in her ways sometimes", diamond said. "Don't worry about it"

Kendrick nods.

Diamond gets up and walks out the room.

TO BE CONTINUED...