Chapter 32

Monday came and Diamond was walking to the library. She saw Kendrick outside with a group of people and she looked away and continued walking.

Dante pointed to Diamond. "There go Diamond", he said.

Kendrick didn't look. "Why should I care? She made her choice", he said.

Diamond walked into the library and printed off some notes off.

"What's up", a guy said.

Diamond ignored him.

"What you too good enough to talk to me?", he asked.

Diamond looked at him. "Of course not", she said before she got her papers from the printer and began to walk away but he followed her as she walked out the library.

"I remember I tried to talk to you freshman year. You ain't give me a time of day. Yet you shake that little ass in the club", he said as he touched her butt.

Diamond grabs her hand and twisted it.

The guy screamed.

"Don't not touch me", she said. "So you understand?"

The guy nods as he's in pain.

Diamond lets him go and looks at him.

He was looking at his hand and couldn't more it. "You broke my fucking wrist you bitch", he said.

"I'll break the other if you ever touch me again", she said.

He begins to walk away and she looks around and sees everybody looking at her, including Kendrick. Diamond starts walking away and Kendrick catches up with her.

"That's a new move", he said.

Diamond continued to walk.

"Are you okay?", he asked. "What did he do?"

Diamond stops and turns around. "It doesn't matter Kendrick. You know at first I was thinking that Kelly was right, that you care about me but you just don't know how he a boyfriend but this doesn't have anything to do with how to be a boyfriend. You don't have to be a boyfriend to be there for a person and out of all people I thought you'd be there for me but your first instinct was to leave me"

"So that give you the right to go and be with Brian", Kendrick asked.

"I am not with Brian but if I was then yes. I have every right to be with him because guess what he was there for me when I needed somebody who didn't look at me crazy or different the most", she said.

"You lied to me Diamond don't you get it? I was mad because you lied", he said.

"But you know my reasoning", she said.

"I do...but that doesn't change the fact of how I felt about you showing you body", he said. "You're better than that"

"Yea maybe I am, maybe I'm not. I don't have parents like you do. I don't have help", she said tearing up. "My help is gone, just like how my apartment is about to be"

Kendrick was quiet.

"I stopped stripping for good this time because everybody knows and I didn't feel comfortable going back", she said. "Now I Barely have the money to keep a roof over my head"