Chapter 4

***I WAS GOING TO DO THIS STORY IN FIRST PERSON BUT I DECIDED TO SWITCH IT TO THIRD PERSON****

The next morning to Kendrick woke up to his roommate, Dante who is also on the basketball team, getting his stuff together for class.

"You got back kinda late ain't it?", Dante said. "Who you was with this time?"

"Diamond", Kendrick said.

"You hit that bruh??", Dante asked. "You the man"

"Nah. We just went and got something to eat", Kendrick said.

"Oh", Dante said.

"But... we talking now so if you wouldn't mind giving me my 20 dollars?", Kendrick says.

"You lying", Dante says. "I been tryna get with her all freshman year"

"I guess I got it like that", Kendrick say. "But a deal is a deal"

"Man I got your money later. I don't have cash on me", Dante says

"Iight man", Kendrick said as he got on the bed and put his slides on.

"Bet 40 she won't let you hit", Dante said.

"You wanna double that?", Kendrick ask.

"Fine 80.. but you got a month", Dante says.

"Bet", Kendrick said shaking Dante's hand.

Dante shaking Kendrick's hand says, "can't wait for my 80 dollars"

Kendrick chuckles. "Bye", Kendrick said as he walked to the bathroom.

Kendrick and Dante always make bets like this. Kendrick always wind so he knew Diamond would be an actual challenge for Kendrick.

——————

Diamond woke up from her sleep and checked her phone. She saw a message from Kendrick.

MESSAGE:
Kendrick: Good morning beautiful. I hope you slept well. I just wanted to know if we could get together for our project since we're almost done?

Diamond smiled and texted him back saying, "sure".

Diamond got out of bed and walked to the bathroom and did her usual morning routine when she's not running late.

————————-

Later that evening, Kendrick and Diamond met up at the library and finished up the project which didn't take long.

"You know... you're smarter than I thought", Diamond said.

Kendrick chuckles. "You thought I was dumb or something", he asked.

"No... just smarter than I thought", she said as she started walking.

Kendrick walked with her. "So, you wanna grab some dinner?", he asked.

"No I actually have to go to work", Diamond says.

"Where do you work?", he asked.

"Um.. CNA", Diamond said which was the first time that popped up in her head.

"That's cool", he said. "Which hospital? Or nursing home?"

"The nursing home far away from here", she said.

Kendrick nods and makes a face and chuckles. "Okay", he said. "Well I hope you have a 'far away from here' drive"

Diamond nods. "See you tomorrow?", she asked.