Chapter 8

Kendrick and Kennedy walked into the church.

"Just play cool, keep your head up, and tell them the good stuff", she said.

Kendrick walking with his hands in his pocket. "Mhm", he said.

"You look nice by the way", She said.

"I know", he said.

"Listen you don't have to be so cruel to me", she said.

"You don't have to blackmail me either", he said.

Kennedy was silent. "Let's just sit down", she said as she started walking.

Kennedy's mom walks up to them.

"Hello?", she said.

Kennedy fake smiles. "Hey mom", she said.

Kennedy's mom looks at Kendrick. "Who's this? Another bum?", she asked.

Kendrick makes a face.

"Mom?", Kennedy said in shock.

"Actually I got to college. Pre med. I wanna be a surgeon", he said.

"Oh really", Kennedy's mom said with a smile as she looked at Kennedy. "Try not to lose this one"

Kennedy looked down.

Kennedy's mom walks away.

Kendrick looks at Kennedy. "Now I see why you been acting like that. Your mom seems like a ... well bitch", he said.

"She is", Kennedy said. "I don't even know why I came around this fake ass family. Let's go". Kennedy walked away, walking outside.

Kendrick followed her.

"Kennedy wait", he said.

"What?", she asked as she turned around with tears rolling down.

Kendrick didn't say anything.

"My sister she gets all the attention and the credit for everything. But what do I get? The feeling and being a failure", Kennedy said. "I just wanna go home"

"Kennedy listen. Pass all the evil shit you do.. I know that you are not a failure. You're the most determined girl I know", he said.

"Yea well according to my parents I'm not", she said.

"Well they don't know you like I do", he said.

Kennedy looked down. "Kendrick I have something to tell you", she said.

"What?", he asked.

"I wanted to tell you since I found out but I haven't had to guts to do it", Kennedy said.

Kendrick makes a face.

Kennedy starts to talk but then she gets cut off.

"Kendrick?", a familiar voice said.

Kendrick turns around.

"What are you doing here?", Diamond asked

Kendrick looked Diamond up and down. She was dressed up along with Vanessa.

"Diamond I can explain", Kendrick said.

Diamond looked Kennedy then back at Kendrick. "Don't", Diamond said. "Unless it's a damn good explanation and the TRUTH... I don't wanna hear it"

"Can we talk about this later?", he asked.

"Why? So you can come up with some lie", Diamond asked.

"Nothing is going on between us", Kennedy said.