Chapter 44

A week later, DImaond was off and she decided to call Kendrick's mom to talk about the divorce papers. After they were done talking, she took Ayanna to shop for clothes for her.

As Diamond was looking for shirts on the rack for Ayanna she was talking to Ayanna without looking at her.

"It's almost time for you to start Pre-K. I can believe that my baby is growing up", Diamond said.

Diamond didn't hear a response so she looked over and didn't see Ayanna. "Ayanna?", Diamond questioned as she walked around. "Ayanna?!", she said as she walked faster.

Diamond looked around and didn't see her.

Ayanna came from under the clothes rack. "peek a boo", she said.

Diamond sighed of relief. "Oh my gosh. Ayanna dont do that anymore. you scared me"

Ayanna smiled.

"Its not funny", Diamond stated firmly.

Ayanna stops smiling and nods.

Diamond grabs her hand. "let's go. no new clothes for you today", she said as they walked out.

--------------------------------------------------------------

That evening Brian came to the house.

"Bae-" , Brian said said.

Diamond made a face as she looked at him.

"What?", he asked.

"I'm not your bae", she said.

"Diamond come on now", he said.

"No brian", she said.

Brian rolled his eyes.

"But what's up?", she asked.

"I can't stay with my mama no more can I just come back", he said.

"No", she said.

"You really gone do that?", he asked.

"Brian we're getting a divorce and I don't know if you know this but people who get a divorce don't live together", she said.

"Diamond for the last time we ain't getting a divorce", he said.

"Brian yes we are", she said.

"We aren't iight", he said. "Diamond you are my all, my whole world! I cant just give up on us and I'm not going to let you do it either", he said.

Diamond folded her arms.

"What i did was the dumbest shit I could ever do in my life", he said. "And I regret it everyday"

Diamond looked down. "I.. I can't trust you Brian", she said.

"Then we can work on trust. Baby I am willing to do everything for this family.. anything", he said.

Diamond looks to the side.

"Can I stay please? I'll give you your space", he said.

"Where would you sleep?", she asked.

"Couch", he said.