Chapter 63

It's been two months and Brian and Diamond's divorce is finally finalized. She got a job in the PICU and is currently living in her apartment with Ayanna. Kendrick calls to check up on Diamond and sometimes they go out for lunch. Diamond does let Brian hang out with Ayanna on the weekends that he doesn't work, this weekend for example.

Diamond hands Brian, Ayanna's bag.

"She got an iPad for her birthday, so when she gets bored she has that too", Diamond said.

"iPad? You brought an iPad for a 3 year old", Brian asked.

Diamond changes the subject because she didn't buy it. Kendrick did. "It has a case on and you have carpet. It doesn't matter. Now I have to go. I have to work tonight", she said.

"Hey, when am I going to join you for one of the appointments? You haven't  told me about them yet", he said.

Diamond sighs. "I'll let you know", she said. "I'm sorry. I just been so busy"

"You said that last time", he said.

"I guess you know how it feels then", she said.

Brian didn't say anything. He just looked at her.

"...I'm sorry", she said as she looked down. "That was uncalled for"

Brain rolls his eyes.

Diamond looks at him then back down. "Truth is...the baby may not be yours", she said. "I don't wanna get your hopes up if it isn't"

"Yea but we found out you were pregnant before we actually decided to divorce", he said.

"Before you actually decided to divorce and yea we did but.. Brian I- I slept with Kendrick before you did what you did", Diamond said.

Brian was quiet.

"I don't want to get yours or his hopes up", she said.

Brian began to walk to her. "So long did you know about this? About not knowing who the dad was?", he asked.

Diamond backed up a little. "It doesn't matter Brian", she said.

"It does matter Diamond!", he shouted.

Diamond jumped a little.

Brian calm down. "I'm sorry...I've been working on that", he said.

"I need to go", she said as she walked to the door.

"So what? If you don't want me to enjoy the moments of what could possibly be my baby, I can't be there for the birth either?", he asked.

"...I guess... I guess you'll both have to be then", she said.

"I'm not standing in the same room with your little boyfriend", Brian said.

"We aren't dating", she replied. "And if you have a problem with that then don't come at all"

"Whatever Diamond", he said. "Bye"

"..bye", Diamond replied as she opened the door and walked out and shut the door behind her.

------------------------------------------------------

Diamond got to her apartment and got a call from Kendrick.

Diamond answered the call. "Hello?", she answered.

"Hey beautiful, I have a question", he said. "Red or blue"

"This depends on what you're talking about", she said as she put her keys down.

"Just pick a color", he said.