Chapter 16

So Kendrick decided that he get his own apartment for the summer since Kennedy was about to have the baby any time soon. While he waited for jobs to call him back his mom agreed to pay for his first month of rent.

Kendrick sat on his couch because he got tired from putting his stuff up.

He got his phone out and got on instagram. He saw a picture of Diamond sitting at a table at a restaurant that her and Kelly went to last night after the mall.

(This picture)

He sat up and looked at it

He sat up and looked at it. His first thought was, was she on a date already. He sat back again and turned his phone off and tossed it to the side and shook his head.

He got up and walked to the kitchen and got a bottle of water.

—————————

Diamond was on the computer watching YouTube videos, until she got a call from her boss. She answered the phone and said, "hello".

"Hey Diamond. I'm making the schedule for next. What days do you want?", he asked.

"...on second thought none", Diamond said.

"So you quit?", he asked.

"..yes", Diamond said. "Sorry"

"It's okay", he said. "Wish you the best"

"Thanks. You too", she said.

"Thanks", he said.

Diamond hung up and put her phone down.

"Well.. these bills won't get paid itself", she said to herself.

She typed in indeed.com and started looking for opening positions of jobs.

Suddenly she gets a call from Kelly.

Diamond answers it. "Hello?", she said.

"Hey, are you working tonight?", she asked. "I need to borrow something"

"No", Diamond replied. "I won't be working at all actually. Well not there"

"You quit?", Kelly asked.

"Yes. I probably should've been did that.. I mean that's all Kendrick was asking for right", Diamond said.

"He May have been asking but you do stuff only when your ready. He's not your husband he can't necessarily control you", she said.

"Got a point", she said.

"And at least you got to see him for who he was", Kelly said.

"And another point", Diamond said. "But yea. I've been wanting to quit but the money was just so good. Especially for tuition"

"Oh yea, what about tuition?", Kelly asked.

"I think I can pay for the next year. I've been saving and I'm about to get a job", Diamond said.