Chapter 41

The next day Diamond woke up and Ayanna was laying next to her sleep. Diamond jumped up by sitting up and was confused because Ayanna wasn't there when she went to sleep. She picked up her phone and saw calls and a message from Vanessa.

MESSAGE

Vanessa: Did you tell Brian to come to get Ayanna? sent at 10:45p.m.

Vanessa: Hello??? sent at 10:50p.m.

Vanessa: Well he picked her up. sent at 11:00p.m.

Diamond got out of the bed and walked outside of the room and called Brian.

"Hello?", Brian said through the phone.

"Umm why did you pick Ayanna up??", diamond asked.

"Because you don't need to be by yourself", he said. "And why did you tell Vanessa our business"

"Don't worry about whether or not I need to be myself and I didn't have to tell Nessa nobody business because once again Ayanna saw it for herself", she said.

"...she saw that?", Brian asked.

"Yes!", she said.

"she didn't act like she did", he said.

"Brian I wasn't ready for her to come yet", Diamond said.

"well you don't need to be alone.. so", he said.

Diamond sighs. "Whatever, bye", Diamond said before she hung up.

Brian looked at his phone after the call ended.

"I told you it was a bad idea to do that without asking her", Lucas said.

"No it ain't", Brian said as he put his phone up. "I know what I'm doing"

"Dude, women don't care if you have a kid with them or not. They'll still leave", Lucas said.

"I know Diamond", Brian said. 

"iight man", Lucas said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

After Ayanna woke up, she and Diamond had breakfast and spent some time together. At the moment they were at the park and Ayanna playing with other kids as Diamond sat and watched. Diamond looked at her ring and messed with it. She went on her phone and went through her contacts.. she tapped on Kendrick's mom contact and stared at it. She hit the call button and put the phone to her ear.

"I never expected to see your name on my phone again", she said.

 "Hey Mrs. Mills", she said. "I'm surprised you still have my contact"

"I keep everyone's contact", she said. " But hello Diamond", she said as her voice sounded pleasant. "What can I help you with"

"Um so I don't know if you know this or not, I mean you most likely don't but I got married 4 years ago and um.. well... I think I'm going to get a divorce and I would need a lawyer. And I would like that layer to be you", Diamond said.

"I would love to and I will give you a little discount due to the headache that my son as given you in the past", Kendrick's mom said.

"You don't have to. What happened with Kendrick and I were both of our faults", Diamond said. "I was a headache to him to at times"

"I'm still giving you a discount because I like you.. it was just always something about you", she said.

Diamond smiled slight and she was silent.

"Just give me a call whenever you and your husband make a decision", she said.

"Okay but can I ask you something? Between me and you?", Diamond asked.