Chapter 48

"You got a lot of nerve", Brian said holding a gun to Diamond's head.

"Brian stop don't do this!", Diamond yelled.

"You left me no choice", Brian said.

"Mommy", Ayanna said.

Diamond woke up from her sleep and sat up about to panic until she saw Ayanna. Diamond sighed and placed her feet on the floor. As she sat, she saw Vanessa looking at her.

"Mommy", Ayanna said. "I'm hungry"

"Ayanna I'll cook you something to eat honey. Go to the room while you let mommy rest", Vanessa said.

"Okay", Ayanna said before she walked to the room.

Diamond looked at Vanessa. "What?", she asked as she got up.

"You seemed pretty scared in your dream", Vanessa said.

"People have bad dreams sometimes", Diamond said as she opened the fridge.

"Brian, no, stop. Don't do it?", Vanessa asked while mocking her.

Diamond didn't say anything as she poured her orange juice.

"Are you here because he's hitting on you again?", Vanessa asked.

"No he's not hitting on him... he's just a little angry. He needs to calm down first", Diamond said.

"Well does he know where y'all are?", she asked.

"No", Diamond replied.

"Well don't think that's going to help him calm down", Vanessa said.

"I'm surprised he hasn't called", Diamond said. "Unless he went to Kelly's house or something", she mumbled before she drunk her juice.

"I heard that", Vanessa said.

Diamond walked passed Vanessa. "I like my eggs scrambled and my bacon crispy", she said.

Vanessa chuckled. "Mhm.., but only because you're going through a rough time", she said.

Diamond smiles as she sat down. "I wish this wound would hurry and heal", Diamond said to herself.

Suddenly she got a phone call and it was down Brian. She sighed, then answered it.

"Hello?", Diamond said.

"You had your little fun at Nessa's house now come back home", he said.

Brian was talking different. His sentences were slower than usual.

"..who said I was even at her house?", Diamond asked.

"Because you know better than to go to anybody else's house with my daughter", Brian said

"Brian I am not coming back there", she whispered.

"Sweetheart, I didn't ask. Now bring your ass home", Brian said.

"No", Diamond said.

"Diamond, you gotta work with me here", Brian said.

"Brian?.. are you- are you drunk?", Diamond asked.

"No", he said.

"Brian I'm not dumb. I know when a person is drunk or not. My dad was an alcoholic remember?", she said.

"...baby just come home. I'll wait on you hand and foot. I'll cherish you, I'll be more open with you, I'll start doing stuff around the house.. I'll do anything I just need you back iight?", he said.